adjustable shocks question - Honda Civic Forum

Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-25-2002   #1  
Registered!!

CHARSIUBAU is an unknown quantity at this point
adjustable shocks question

i have neuspeed race springs on my car and it sits about 2 inches lower. i want it to be a little lower. does anyone know if i can get adjustable shocks to bring my car just a little lower (koni shocks maybe...)? i love my neuspeed springs, but i just my car to be lower without having to put coilovers. i hate coilovers. please help.. .
CHARSIUBAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002   #2  
Registered!!

mwwhonda is an unknown quantity at this point
it seems to me that when i installed my konis indeed the car did seem to lower a lil' bit more, maybe a 1/4-1/2"

peace
mwwhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002   #3  
BAK
Registered!!

BAK is an unknown quantity at this point
Adjustable shocks/struts won't lower your car any. ... correction, unless the spring perch is in a different location.
BAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002   #4  
Registered!!

mwwhonda is an unknown quantity at this point
in theory no they wont...but like i said, when i installed my konis, the car seems to sit lower....
mwwhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002   #5  
Premium Member

Bartkat is an unknown quantity at this point
You can change the height on the Koni rears, but not on the fronts. It's really going to stiffen them up though.
Bartkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002   #6  
BAK
Registered!!

Actually, I think the perchs on the Konis are slightly lower so you're right about that the car seems to sit lower. That's really good news to me. I've got the Prokit and 205/55-16's, so another extra 1/4" or so of drop would be perfect.
Old 04-26-2002   #7  
Premium Member

<< Actually, I think the perchs on the Konis are slightly lower so you're right about that the car seems to sit lower. That's really good news to me. I've got the Prokit and 205/55-16's, so another extra 1/4" or so of drop would be perfect. >>

With the ProKit I got about an inch drop at the front and 3/4 inch at the rear with Konis.

Bartkat's Ride
Old 04-26-2002   #8  
BAK
Registered!!

Bartkat - After it settled I got over 1" of drop in the front and the back dropped about 1/4" more than the front to make it sit pretty level now. Saturday when I dropped off the car to get the windshield replaced, I parked next to a stock Civic and I couldn't beleive how much the Prokit really lowered the car and I'm glad the back end isn't higher like before!
Old 04-26-2002   #9  
Premium Member

I haven't measured mine lately. Also I need to park next to a stock Civic to compare. Actually the OEM front lower spoliler gets mine closer to the ground in that area. I had it on the ramps today and I have to kick them under the spoiler now to get them to the tires, and it drags when backing down off the ramps. Definitely lower.