Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Has anyone gotten the revo Short Shifter and any Short Shifter adapter to work together?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DC5@EM2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Has anyone gotten the revo Short Shifter and any Short Shifter adapter to work together?

I know they were talkin about this in another forum, but nothing got resolved. Just wondering if anyone has actually gotten the revo short shifter and any other short shifter adapter to work together and if there's any difference? Thanks.
Old 04-14-2002
Jon
Registered!!

Jon is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the DC sports ss adapter and I know it fits with the Revo SS. I talked to a member (MyCivic) in this forum and he said there is a weld on the spot of the Revo SS where the dc sports adapter went so he used a hammer to make it fit. 4 months gone by and he says there is no problem whatsoever and the pattern is so tight it's like clicking from gear to gear[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-14-2002
Registered!!

DC5@EM2 is an unknown quantity at this point
thats good know, i might actually go out and get one. I wondering if the solo or the neuspeed adapters have the prob of the pin coming out because of shakin like the dc sports one? If anyone knows let me know. thanks.
Old 04-14-2002
Jon
Registered!!

Jon is an unknown quantity at this point
where did you hear that about the dc sports adapter pin coming out from shaking?? if you're talking about the cotter pin, all that needs to be done is bend both ends in the opposite direction to ensure it doesn't fall out...
Old 04-14-2002
Registered!!

Decamo has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I believe it was the solo short shifter that had pin loosening problem. Easily solved by going out and buying thread locking compound. It will prevent it from unscrewing. The part that unscrews is the pin connecting the cable to the adapter. Its an actual part on the adapter and has nothing to do with the cotter pin comming off.

The newer versions of the solo short shifter have compound already and bolts to keep the setscrews in place. I highly recommend the Solo.

Old 04-14-2002
Registered!!

eProdigy is an unknown quantity at this point
ya ive got the solo adapter and have had it for about 6 months i think and all is very well. i recommend the solo, even though i havnt tried anyothers
Old 04-15-2002
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
if a short shift adaptor fits on stock, then you ca do both. bust out a saw and a welder. havent gotten teh adapter yet, ill do that some day....

http://www.calpoly.edu/~sciccare/ShortShifter/

i cant find my camera, i did get the boot back on, it looks really nice, dont have the fat-**** stick way in the way, i like it. shifts feel better too. everything really locks into place.

well worth the $10 bucks i spent on it. (how much did YOUR short shifter cost?[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-15-2002
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
Yeah, I think the Solo SS adapter fits onto the Revo SS without any problems. The DC Sports SS adapter looks like it's slightly smaller, so it'll have a tougher time fitting onto the Revo SS adapter. It was me who posted the problem about the Solo SS adapter pin loosening problem. I ended up using this glue to hold the pin within the thread hole. I'll take the center console apart again in a while to check up on what I did. Hopefully it's stable now. If not then I think I'll end up ditching that all together and getting the Revo SS. I hate having to worry about my shifter falling apart. Well, maybe the Revo SS and the Solo SS adapter would fit snugly together. Then I might try both of them at once. Anyway, just rambling...