Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Where to get D-series ECU diagnostic cable online.

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hondan should not be trusted

Where online (esp. ebay or amazon) can to get D-series ECU diagnostic cable online?
Also where online can I get a software to install on my laptop to check the diagnostic for the check codes on the ecu?
Old 08-21-2009
Registered!!

DieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Where to get D-series ECU diagnostic cable online.

wht are u trying to do? u might be able to read diagnostic codes w/o a scanner or cable.
Old 08-21-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by DieMaster
wht are u trying to do? u might be able to read diagnostic codes w/o a scanner or cable.
How do I do that?
Old 08-21-2009
Registered!!

DieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of light

what car is it? civic i'm assuming but what year model etc...

theres a hidden jumper that u can short to get the ABS, SRS, and check engine lights to blink codes.
Old 08-26-2009
Registered!!

Ashy69 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,

I have a similar request... perhaps... there is so much information here it's difficult to know where to start!

I'll just jump in here and see what comes up :-)

I have a UK Civic VTI VTEC 92 plate and the ABS light comes on and stays on once I go above about 10MPH. It seems that ABS also does not function in this state.

I have got up to speed a little by realising that there are 2 versions of error codes, pre 96? and after. After would not be a problem (I guess) as they all seem to have been forced to have the same error codes and possibly the same connector.

I have a 2 pin, yellow male connector.

Do I actually need to get an adapter and a machine? can I short some pins out and get a light code?

Any help appreciated or suggestions on better forums too.

Thanks,

Dave

Last edited by Ashy69; 08-26-2009 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Model Edit
Old 08-26-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute

96 and up uses an obd2 scanner which became standard through out the auto industry starting in 96.

so that is probably what hondan needs but there is no way of knowing with out him giving us a little detail.

as for you ashy69 get a piece of wire or a paper clip and jumper the two terminals on the connector and count the number of times the abs light or engine light flashes and that there is your code. oh and last I checked that connector was green not yellow I could be wrong but most yellow connectors are for the srs system (airbag).

I will tell you though that your abs code is probably a result to a bad abs modulator cause the modulator is only supposed to spin up once it hits 8 miles an hour. you might try tapping the abs mudulator with a rubber mallet or with the handle of a hammer don't break! just tap it sometimes they stick when they get old
Old 08-28-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by DieMaster
what car is it? civic i'm assuming but what year model etc...

theres a hidden jumper that u can short to get the ABS, SRS, and check engine lights to blink codes.
2001 JDM ES3 - Civic Ferio RS.
Old 08-30-2009
Registered!!

i dont know if it does but u can look at the back of the OBD2 conector. if theres a brown wire on pin 9. short that to pin 4 (brown/yellow). the 3 lights should blink if there are trouble codes. count the blinks. long is 10 and short is 1.