E-ram supercharger? - Honda Civic Forum

Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-06-2002   #1  
Registered!!

HaRdKoRePinoYrAcer is an unknown quantity at this point
E-ram supercharger?

Hey peeps, i ws looking at the parts section and i was wondering if anybody here has it? and if u do how is it bla bla bla...u know, b/c im thinking of getting it, $300 bucks aint that bad...so i want to know if its worth it or not...so tell me wut u peeps think
HaRdKoRePinoYrAcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002   #2  
Registered!!

nochopstix is an unknown quantity at this point
i think there have posts about it on here before. try doing a search.....im sure its a piece of crap .. later
nochopstix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002   #3  
Wicked Moderatuh
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

fraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of light
Yeah, has been posted before and everybody just laughed at it. Probably not even worth 50 bucks. If you search, I'm sure you'll find something.
fraga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002   #4  
Registered!!

Narflar is an unknown quantity at this point
SEARCH!!!!!
Narflar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002   #5  
Registered!!

uicmedruss is an unknown quantity at this point
hey...just in this guys defense, he was asking if anybody currently had it and if they had any opinions on it. Last I checked, this is something that changes from time to time. Not to mention that doing a search for this particular topic pretty much finds nothing but people who have never tried the product that are flaming it. Personally, I wouldn't mind knowing if someone on here has tried it as well. No harm in asking...And besides, it's not like this guy is a n00b who has never been told about the search function before...sheesh!
uicmedruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002   #6  
Registered!!

LOWBOY is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, well noone has it because 99% of the people here know its a POS. But if you have the money and ambitions to try it just to see, go ahead and come back and tell us.
LOWBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002   #7  
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
Yep, Yep, there has been lots of talk but no one has installed it or at least admitted to it. Maybe someone will do it and post their findings. I seriouly doubt it would do anything or we would all have one already.
Mbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002   #8  
Registered!!

ZZCIVIC is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, far as I know, no one has it yet either. Althoughhhhhhhh, someone did have a pic of a leaf blower taped up to his intake....prolly get bout the same results
ZZCIVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002   #9  
Registered!!

01CivicMike is an unknown quantity at this point
They suck...... 700 watts and 50 amps, it doesn't add up!!!

Mike
01CivicMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002   #10  
Registered!!

HaRdKoRePinoYrAcer is an unknown quantity at this point

<< hey...just in this guys defense, he was asking if anybody currently had it and if they had any opinions on it. Last I checked, this is something that changes from time to time. Not to mention that doing a search for this particular topic pretty much finds nothing but people who have never tried the product that are flaming it. Personally, I wouldn't mind knowing if someone on here has tried it as well. No harm in asking...And besides, it's not like this guy is a n00b who has never been told about the search function before...sheesh! >>

thanx...well since nobody here has it i'll just do it for the heck of it, and if i dont like it then i'll sell it just tell them sum b/s....and if werks pretty good then i'll let u guys know...so dont hate...gone!
HaRdKoRePinoYrAcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002   #11  
Premium Member

Bartkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Only one way to find out if stuff really works.

Bartkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002   #12  
Registered!!

Narflar is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok, here is something I got of the E-Ram website. You tell me if it makes sence.

<< The eRAM is very efficient in moving lots of air flow (CFM) at small pressures, where traditional turbo/superchargers are very good at making pressure, but need extreme speeds to match flow rates of most engines. >>

Now I'm no expert but as far as I understood how turbos/superchargers worked is that they have to move a lot of air to create pressure, i.e. Boost. Now the E-Ram only makes 1/2 PSI and a turbo would make around 6 PSI. Isn't the whole point of a turbo/supercharger is to create a positive pressure on the intake, thus on the intake stroke more air is forced (hence forced induction) into the chamber to alow more fuel to be burned? How is 1/2 PSI going to do that?

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Narflar is offline   Reply With Quote