Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Parts and Products (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products)
-   -   E-ram supercharger? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2-parts-products/31119-e-ram-supercharger.html)

HaRdKoRePinoYrAcer 04-06-2002 11:03 AM

E-ram supercharger?

Hey peeps, i ws looking at the parts section and i was wondering if anybody here has it? and if u do how is it bla bla bla...u know, b/c im thinking of getting it, $300 bucks aint that bad...so i want to know if its worth it or not...so tell me wut u peeps think

nochopstix 04-06-2002 11:04 AM

i think there have posts about it on here before. try doing a search.....im sure its a piece of crap .. later

fraga 04-06-2002 11:06 AM

Yeah, has been posted before and everybody just laughed at it. Probably not even worth 50 bucks. If you search, I'm sure you'll find something.

Narflar 04-06-2002 11:26 AM

SEARCH!!!!!

uicmedruss 04-06-2002 11:53 AM

hey...just in this guys defense, he was asking if anybody currently had it and if they had any opinions on it. Last I checked, this is something that changes from time to time. Not to mention that doing a search for this particular topic pretty much finds nothing but people who have never tried the product that are flaming it. Personally, I wouldn't mind knowing if someone on here has tried it as well. No harm in asking...And besides, it's not like this guy is a n00b who has never been told about the search function before...sheesh!

LOWBOY 04-06-2002 01:06 PM

Yeah, well noone has it because 99% of the people here know its a POS. But if you have the money and ambitions to try it just to see, go ahead and come back and tell us.

Mbow 04-06-2002 01:10 PM

Yep, Yep, there has been lots of talk but no one has installed it or at least admitted to it. Maybe someone will do it and post their findings. I seriouly doubt it would do anything or we would all have one already.

ZZCIVIC 04-06-2002 03:39 PM

Yeah, far as I know, no one has it yet either. Althoughhhhhhhh, someone did have a pic of a leaf blower taped up to his intake....prolly get bout the same results:eek:

01CivicMike 04-06-2002 06:20 PM

They suck...... 700 watts and 50 amps, it doesn't add up!!!

Mike

HaRdKoRePinoYrAcer 04-06-2002 08:36 PM

<< hey...just in this guys defense, he was asking if anybody currently had it and if they had any opinions on it. Last I checked, this is something that changes from time to time. Not to mention that doing a search for this particular topic pretty much finds nothing but people who have never tried the product that are flaming it. Personally, I wouldn't mind knowing if someone on here has tried it as well. No harm in asking...And besides, it's not like this guy is a n00b who has never been told about the search function before...sheesh! >>

thanx...well since nobody here has it i'll just do it for the heck of it, and if i dont like it then i'll sell it just tell them sum b/s....and if werks pretty good then i'll let u guys know...so dont hate...gone!

Bartkat 04-06-2002 09:06 PM

Only one way to find out if stuff really works.

Narflar 04-06-2002 09:10 PM

Ok, here is something I got of the E-Ram website. You tell me if it makes sence.

<< The eRAM is very efficient in moving lots of air flow (CFM) at small pressures, where traditional turbo/superchargers are very good at making pressure, but need extreme speeds to match flow rates of most engines. >>

Now I'm no expert but as far as I understood how turbos/superchargers worked is that they have to move a lot of air to create pressure, i.e. Boost. Now the E-Ram only makes 1/2 PSI and a turbo would make around 6 PSI. Isn't the whole point of a turbo/supercharger is to create a positive pressure on the intake, thus on the intake stroke more air is forced (hence forced induction) into the chamber to alow more fuel to be burned? How is 1/2 PSI going to do that? :susp:

Please correct me if I'm wrong.