Opinion on effectiveness of strut bars and lower tie bar - Honda Civic Forum

Parts and Products
Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-01-2002   #1
Registered!!

BeefMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Opinion on effectiveness of strut bars and lower tie bar

Ive got a decent suspension setup right now with kumho tires, skunk2 coilovers and Koni adjustables. My question is do you think any of the parts mentioned in the subject line will make much of a difference with my current setup? Or maybe what I should be asking is, what should be the next step in my suspension/performance handling upgrade path? Thanks for any help.
BeefMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002   #2
Registered!!

cvc2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
i know many people have questions on how effective are the strut bars. I've personally spoke with Mark Sanew and in my mind he is the car king! haha here is the link to his website and his forums that can answer your question Dezoris.com http://www.dezoris.com/showthread.php?s=2dedfdaef64c147424482e04074865ac& threadid=12
cvc2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002   #3
Registered!!

klam is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a strut bar, with stock suspension and I was able to notice a slight improvement in stiffness up front. The front end seems to be more "direct" on hard cornering. You will feel more of an effect with stiffer suspension, grippier tires.
klam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002   #4
Registered!!

BeefMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the link, sounds like he knows his stuff.

"Strut bars are a good modification for the following people
1.)You have your vehicle lowered more than 1"
2.)You have sport springs or shocks
3.)have a tire profile of 45 or below"

I fit all of those categories. Anyone know which bars for our cars do not have pivot points? Also any other suspension opinions are welcome. Im thinkin about auto crossing next weekend or maybe just watching on my first trip. Ill let everyone know how it goes. Anyone have any tips on that as well?

BeefMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002   #5
Registered!!

dacivic is an unknown quantity at this point
neuspeed one doesnt have pivot point

by the way very good articles
dacivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002   #6
Registered!!

OPGForce is an unknown quantity at this point
RSX Type-R Sway Bars!!! Click Here For Thread!
OPGForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002   #7
Registered!!

hm.. sure seems like the RSX lower tie bars are pretty thick.... the nuespeed tie bars are exactly the same style... but thickness i am not sure... i just might get the rsx lower tie bar..
Old 04-02-2002   #8
Registered!!

Outkast27 is an unknown quantity at this point
I like my rear lower tie bar, I got it from stylinconcepts.com for $34 bucks new! It's a Ractive (Toucan Industries) The DC one is really nice but it's $115. For the money the Ractive bar gets the job done cheap, and if your car is low enough you can't see it anyway. But it definitely make a signifiacant difference in the handling.
Outkast27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002   #9
Registered!!

<< I like my rear lower tie bar, I got it from stylinconcepts.com for $34 bucks new! It's a Ractive (Toucan Industries) The DC one is really nice but it's $115. For the money the Ractive bar gets the job done cheap, and if your car is low enough you can't see it anyway. But it definitely make a signifiacant difference in the handling. >>

cool! i guess pivot joints are the way to go for you!![IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]