Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Push Button Starter

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ivonesh is an unknown quantity at this point
Push Button Starter

Again, another question about a push button starter. I want to install it so that I do not have to use my key! I have looked over the DIY and was wondering if all of the civics have the chip in the key. Most keys have a black chip in the center of it, from what the DIY says it is in the black part that you twist to start the car? Can someone help me and let me know if the DIY is good for starting the car without the key, or if there are steps to leave out, or a better DIY just for installing the starter to start the car without a key.
Old 02-26-2002
Registered!!

mwwhonda is an unknown quantity at this point
ummm, start the car without the key!? = theft?
Old 02-26-2002
Registered!!

LOWBOY is an unknown quantity at this point
Not only are the noobs outnumbering us, there getting dumber. [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-26-2002
End Bringer

Voiceofid is an unknown quantity at this point
we are looosing! ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! i should start speaking weird german again[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-26-2002
Registered!!

black is an unknown quantity at this point
[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] I want this feature too, be awesome to have this function.. along with a badd *** alarm like clifford with remote-start.. then no key would ever be needed. And the button would be for fun, or as a confirmation button to dissable the caralarm from turning the car off after the remote start effect. hmmm..... [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

In any event, do a search dude you'll find all the info you are requesting.
Old 02-26-2002
Registered!!

rickinthescv will become famous soon enoughrickinthescv will become famous soon enough
To answer this nicely. All of our Civics have a transponder in the key. Honda wanted an easy way to deter theft. What brainless activity do you do everytime you start your car? YOU put the key in the ignition. So put a transponder in the key, a reciever near the ignition, and wire it into the ECU of the car.

Now unless you have a properly coded key inserted into the ignition, you CANNOT start the car. Good for you, bad for thieves. There are ways around this in case you want to do a remote start, but this is a discussion among professionals, not for your everyday user. I am pretty sure the PUSH Button Start was intended to start the car with the key in the ignition.
Old 02-26-2002
Premium Member

Bartkat is an unknown quantity at this point
This has all been gone over in other threads. I believe part of the remote start was used to activate the ignition and also to secure it, then the push button start worked without the key. A search of this forum might turn up much of that information and discussion.
Old 02-26-2002
Its a celebration bitches!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
Would it be possible to have a push button starter, and at the same time have the alarm start up. with out the key and when you want to go some where you can put the key in and turn it to the on position, my friend has a remote start alarm, he has the option of turning it back on and off with the remote or he can put the key to the on position and leave. if he pushes on the brake or emergency brake the car will turn off if the key is not in the ignition.[IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-27-2002
Registered!!

Redsands is an unknown quantity at this point
That's how my remote start works, what I wonder though is how the push button start works, when you already have a remote start - meaning that you already have a bypass for the immobilizer installed. That's my question!? Anyone know???
Redsands