Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Does the Greddy Evo hang too low?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2002
DIY King

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about

<< OOH...is your big and bossy Moderator tone supposed to scare me? >>

Nah, that's why I said, "Excuse my moderator status and let me revert to user status.".

Anyway, it looks better on yours, but still... I will not be getting one. Especially since I will be lowering with air bags and especially since the roads where I live suck. Too bad, I wanted the Greddy Evo because I'm going to get a custom turbo too. Oh well, se la vi.
Old 02-22-2002
Registered!!

NeoMagus is an unknown quantity at this point
exactly its not for everyone. Frankly, the only people who can complain about speed bumps would be the size of a high curb...and the speed bumps here in PA are anything but that. But theres no need to say "It sucks" when personally I bet you haven't even seen it in person. All of the ppl at the Philly meet I went to loved the sound of it. To each his own.
Old 02-22-2002
Registered!!

and Phil you didnt say the magic word.

If you want a ruler pic get a b!tch from houston to walk up here and take it themselves.
Old 02-22-2002
Registered!!

nbpEMCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Neo...just heard a clip of if....nice I must say. Not too loud and annoying (like mine).
Old 02-22-2002
Registered!!

nbpEMCivic is an unknown quantity at this point

<< and Phil you didnt say the magic word. >>

how's this for ya f_ucker [IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

<< If you want a ruler pic get a b!tch from houston to walk up here and take it themselves. >>

too lazy to do iturself i see.. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] thats coo
Old 02-22-2002
Registered!!

htowncivicEX is an unknown quantity at this point
Posting topics with titles like '&lt;SO AND SO PRODUCT&gt; SUCKS!! HUHUHUH' only serve to **** people off and do not fit in my category of 'worthy threads'. This is just as bad as posting topics like 'Britney's **** are huge!' just to get people to click on the thread. I must say that I am extremely disappointed with some of the people on this board and how they have all piled on with a pack mentality in insulting a product none of them have ever seen in person (much less used). Not to mention that 99% of them have never even talked to owners of the product or even ATTEMPTED to get some decent facts surrounding it.

I also would have expected a moderator (of all people) to show a bit more maturity when creating thread titles. If anyone has any legitimate, non-inflammatory questions about the EVO, I will be happy to answer them. Otherwise, I will not be posting any more replies on this thread.
Old 02-22-2002
DIY King

Okay, I'll change the thread title. I just wanted to get everyone's attention, but I guess people sort of do play follow the leader.

Edit: This is the first time that I had to moderate myself I think. [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-22-2002
Registered!!

3rdcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
It shouldn't be a mystery that this system hangs too low on the picture posted. According to Greddy (have called and emailed them numerous times), the system that is on the market currently is designed specifically for the 4 Door Civic. It will work on the 2 Door but will hang lower than what would be considered ideal.

You can notice from the side shot of NEOMAGUS' car that the tip of the exhaust is not tucked slightly into the bumper cut-out like it should (according to Greddy). A Greddy representative told me directly over the phone that they will be modifying the system for the 2 Door to sit closer to the underside of the vehicle and that the large tip will be tucked slightly into the bumper cut-out yet will one will still be able to install a rear valence if so desired without exhaust tip interference.

And for those of you who have the system because your favorite speed shop said that there is a 2 Door application...good for you. Your shop doesn't know what they're talking about. Yes the system will fit but it has not been designed for the 2 Door Civic to Greddy fitment standards.

As of 2/18/02, Greddy stated that the 2 Door system is in the process of production and should be available soon(possibly late March). They just don't have a specific date.

TJ
Old 02-22-2002
Registered!!

eXNBP is an unknown quantity at this point
Just wondering but cant the hangers on the exhaust be moved up a notch? I used to have a canister muffler, and that was one of the first things i did[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] But oh well im happy with my magnaflow muffler with custom piping
Old 02-22-2002
Registered!!

Maverick is an unknown quantity at this point
still not gonna comment on the exhaust, i'm happy w/ my thermal....but how can that pic of the green civic be lowered. there's a huge gap between rear tire top and bottom of wheel well. what are you runnin, 14's? i'm just curious not trying to be a hater...to each his own. you said he had a 40 profile but what diameter...anyway, this thread was good for a chuckle....you'd think greddy was payin some of you guys the way you defend it haha. anyway..do you like it?...."aaaallllllllllllllllllllllllrighty then "(JIm Carrey ,Pet Detective) that's all that counts. Grey how do you feel now that you've been self moderated...inquiring minds want to know....btw, my tsunami bumper went on nice thanks to your tips
Old 02-22-2002
DIY King

3rdcivic: Ah, okay. Thank you for that information. I guess that the 2-door version of the Greddy Evolution is still in the running for me then when I consider a new exhaust system in the future. I hope that it moves up a whole lot more than the 4-door version.

<< Grey how do you feel now that you've been self moderated...inquiring minds want to know....btw, my tsunami bumper went on nice thanks to your tips >>

Hum... I feel as if I'm in two modes lately. Moderator mode and user mode. Maybe I should make this more clear when I post in the future? Hey, I'm glad you were able to get the Tsunami on properly. Bonus!
Old 02-22-2002
Registered!!

Importz is an unknown quantity at this point
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
I've waited an entire year for this?
What the hell was I thinkin!!!!!!
Old 02-22-2002
Registered!!

01BlackEM2 is an unknown quantity at this point
I think part of the problem with the way the Evo hangs so low, is because it's not the actual Evo for the 2001 Civic. The Greddy Evo for the 2 door is NOT out yet. And Greddy doesn't know when it will be out. So if you want good results wait for the real thing to come out.
Old 02-22-2002
Registered!!

I'm sick of debating whats real and whats not.

If your gonna buy it, buy it. If not, quit your b!tchin and buy another exhaust.
Old 02-22-2002
Registered!!

01BlackEM2 is an unknown quantity at this point
I wasn't bitching about it. Just passing on what I heard from Greddy. I personally wish they'd hurry the hell up with the Evo for the 01 coupe. I can't wait to get one.
Old 02-22-2002
Registered!!

Like I said, when I ordered, I specifically said "2 dr EX coupe 2k1" and what is on my car is what I got from Greddy

serves its purpose, hate if yall want
Old 02-22-2002
Registered!!

black2k1vtec is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice Exhaust! I love the EVO!

And Grey...your a dink! WTF! You dont know $hit about cars! You even said it yourself, so why are you a mod? And whats with this "Im the PW ****" Bull Sheit?? And knockin the EVO?? WTF?? Hey if you dont like it, we dont care!!!!!! I dont like your front bumper, but Im not gonna start a friggin thread about it!!!!
Old 02-22-2002
Registered!!

Please, please keep it civil. He changed it, it was a lot worse, and for that he deserves props.

"Once a man admits that he is wrong, he is immediatly forgiven for wrong doings."
"Get the fuuck out my face with that $hit." -Vincent and Jules, Pulp Fiction
Old 02-22-2002
DIY King

<< And Grey...your a dink! WTF! You dont know $hit about cars! You even said it yourself, so why are you a mod? And whats with this "Im the PW ****" Bull Sheit?? And knockin the EVO?? WTF?? Hey if you dont like it, we dont care!!!!!! I dont like your front bumper, but Im not gonna start a friggin thread about it!!!! >>

Why, do you have the Evo too?

<< You dont know $hit about cars! >>

Correction, I used to not know anything about cars, but now I know enough to get by.

<< You even said it yourself, so why are you a mod? >>

I did? I think you may be referring to a reply that I posted to a thread. I was being sarcastic.

<< And whats with this "Im the PW ****" Bull Sheit?? >>

PW **** as in Soup **** (from Seinfeld). I was trying to be funny. As for where that thread came from... It was started because of the threads in the Canada East forum and because of a certain member's complaints about them. I posted that thread in the Canada West forum because I do not have moderator status in the Canada East forums. If you think this is unfair then voice your opinion to a mod of the Canada East forums.

<< Hey if you dont like it, we dont care!!!!!! I dont like your front bumper, but Im not gonna start a friggin thread about it!!!! >>

Well, you should. Each product has its ups and downs. If you buy a certain product and it's obvious that something is wrong with it, then why live in a sort of ignorant bliss? All I did was underline the obvious for people to draw their own conclusions and it seems like the ones without the Evo appreciated it.
Old 02-23-2002
Registered!!

<< Well, you should. Each product has its ups and downs. If you buy a certain product and it's obvious that something is wrong with it, then why live in a sort of ignorant bliss? All I did was underline the obvious for people to draw their own conclusions and it seems like the ones without the Evo appreciated it. >>

Sure, all things have their ups and downs, Im just saying I dont like your bumper. But Im not going to start a thread titled 'Tsumani Bumper is so ugly, why would anyone buy it?!?!', cause thats just dumb. Fuuck.
Old 02-23-2002
Registered!!

artychris is an unknown quantity at this point
Hmm, seems like a flame thread to me. I would understand Neo's view because he has the EVO on his car and naturally he would be proud/defensive of his exhaust system.

I myself am not convinced that the 4 door EVO is the ideal system for my car. NOT because of anybody's opinions, but the system just hangs way too low from those pics. Those pics are worth more than a 1000 posts. Now, "low" is relative because a 2.0" drop for some may be Slammed!!! while others may think it's still a little high. Likewise, the canister height may be considered LOW for some, or tolerable to others. It all boils down to personal preference.

BTW, I'm waiting for Apexi to release their WS exhaust or the Tanabe Hyper Medallion. I prefer the clean "looks like stock with a slightly bigger tip" look.
Old 02-23-2002
DIY King

<< Sure, all things have their ups and downs, Im just saying I dont like your bumper. But Im not going to start a thread titled 'Tsumani Bumper is so ugly, why would anyone buy it?!?!', cause thats just dumb. Fuuck. >>

I didn't start a thread that stated my opinion about something. I started a thread showing a picture of the Greddy Evo exhaust system that abviously hung too low. It's the exhaust system that I was criticising, not the person or the car that it was on. If I were to show a car with chrome rims and say, "Look at this, this sucks!"; then I would be stating my opinion about that car and you would be right in criticizing me.

<< Hmm, seems like a flame thread to me. >>

Nah, only black2k1vtec started cussin' me out 'cause he didn't like the thread I started in Canada West and he found a reason to get on my ***.

This thread turned out to be helpful I think. I saw some pics of the Greddy Evo from the side on a coupe. I found out that this is the 4-door version of the Greddy Evo and that the 2-door version will fit much better. All the better because I was planning to get a Greddy Evo too, I just wasn't convinced because of those side shots that I saw. Now I just need to see someone post some pics from the side of the Greddy Evo that is truly meant for the 2-door.

htowncivicEX: I regret using that harsh title at the beginning of this thread. I'm sorry about that.
NeoMagus: Thanks for the pics. You had the ***** to back up htowncivicEX and I respect that.
Old 02-23-2002
Registered!!

<< Nah, only black2k1vtec started cussin' me out 'cause he didn't like the thread I started in Canada West and he found a reason to get on my ***. >>

Yep.
Old 02-23-2002
Registered!!

<< NeoMagus: Thanks for the pics. You had the ***** to back up htowncivicEX and I respect that. >>

I still stick to the fact this is the 2dr system...you call my supplier and thats what was ordered and put on...(717) 975-2800

any side pics with an evo look like that, just go to yahoo and search for Civics with EVO's and all side pictures show the can hangin like that.
Old 02-23-2002
Registered!!

StLVtec is an unknown quantity at this point
I still cant wait till i get the EVO , best exhaust for any civic
Old 02-23-2002
Registered!!

<< still not gonna comment on the exhaust, i'm happy w/ my thermal....but how can that pic of the green civic be lowered. there's a huge gap between rear tire top and bottom of wheel well. what are you runnin, 14's? i'm just curious not trying to be a hater...to each his own. you said he had a 40 profile but what diameter...anyway, this thread was good for a chuckle....you'd think greddy was payin some of you guys the way you defend it haha. anyway..do you like it?...."aaaallllllllllllllllllllllllrighty then "(JIm Carrey ,Pet Detective) that's all that counts. Grey how do you feel now that you've been self moderated...inquiring minds want to know....btw, my tsunami bumper went on nice thanks to your tips >>

Did I say my car was lowered? No I said the my friend's red one was in the set of initial pictures maybe you need to read buddy, and my 2k1 is slow as $hit, thats what I have a 99 Si for idiot

<< I'll admit the canister and tip hang pretty low (there is about 4-5" of clearance between the lowest part of the exhaust and the ground). I've also got my car slammed pretty low to the ground and I'm running slightly smaller profile tires (40) than someone with an EX would usually use (45). >>

Htown said that, not me, maybe youd like to go back to school for english, the last time I checked HTownCivic and NeoMagus are spelled differently, thanks.
Old 02-25-2002
Registered!!

otep12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Here's the Evo on a 4-door. Does it hang low? No. Does it look like it hangs low? Yes because of the big canister. To each his own I guess.

Old 02-25-2002
Registered!!

By the way, for the haters who would say it's an immitation. Here's a close-up.

Old 02-25-2002
Registered!!

3rdcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
otep12,

Thanks for the picture. This gives a little better perspective. Obviously your car is not slammed but WOW, it looks like there really isn't that much space between the bottom of the canister and the ground. However, I supposed that there is enough limitation on the suspension movement to prevent slamming the canister into the ground after going over a bump.

I'm assuming you like the exhaust system. Your pro's and con's would be appreciated.

TJ
Old 02-25-2002
Registered!!

Well I really can't tell you how it would look like lowered. However, in my opinion, I don't think you would have problems going over speed bumps even with a 2.5" drop. That I will have to see.

Performance wise, I feel more torque in the 3K-4K rpm range.

Quick Reply: Does the Greddy Evo hang too low?