Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

shift knob..

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wborocivex is an unknown quantity at this point
shift ****..

im lookin at the aluminum spoon sports shift ****, anyone have it? also, im lookin at a couple of momo shift *****.. but the whole "italy" thing is turnin me off. one more thing, i think i read that u need a shift **** adapter from Honda for any aftermarket shift **** to fit up, this true?
Old 10-06-2005
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
Yes, It's true.

You could get shift adapter from acura, but part has been discontinued.
Old 10-06-2005
Registered!!

gaugeof12 has a spectacular aura aboutgaugeof12 has a spectacular aura about
If the shift boot adapter has been discontinued by acura, then how are they keeping the shift boot up on models with the aluminum shift ****? Maybe we can use their current solution.
Old 10-06-2005
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all
i didnt get the adapter when i put in my s2k ****......dont laugh..i know this is ghetto...but

Step 1: remove stock **** plus the boot. (the boot just pops right out)

Step 2: get some tape. I used the blue painters tape since thats what I had laying around, but electrical would work too.

Step 3: Start wrapping the tape around the shifter with the top of the tape covering the last 4 or 5 threads....make sure you put it on thick.

What this does, is when you go to put the boot back on, the little silver ring wont fit over the tape (as long as you put enough on) and when you go to thread on the new ****, it will wedge the ring inbetween the tape and the bottom of the ****, making it look stock. Keep threading the **** down until it is tight and the shift pattern is straight. BOOM.....you now have an aftermarket shif **** that looks stock.

IMO, this technique looks better than having the adapter on.

Unfortunately, I have no pics yet, but Ill try to take some tomorrow. Thats all there is to it and it only takes a couple of minutes.

oh yeah.....rep wouldnt hurt either.
Old 10-06-2005
Registered!!

HondaSales is a glorious beacon of lightHondaSales is a glorious beacon of lightHondaSales is a glorious beacon of lightHondaSales is a glorious beacon of lightHondaSales is a glorious beacon of light
^ i did the same thing...works well and looks great.