Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Who would like more parts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HondaChevy is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Who would like more parts?

I sent this to TrueHonda and he replied back saying good idea post it up to the group and see what they have to say. If you guys have a generally good feedback on the idea then we or he or I might try to pursue this venture a little further. Any way what I asked him was:

"Have you thought about finding a suspension fabricator who might be able to make all of the suspension parts we could use for our cars?

For instance not just shock tower bars and lower arm bars but upgraded tubular upper and lower control arms, tubular K-member, upgraded motor mounts, engine stabilizer bar--plus the addition of upper front and rear shock tower bars and all the other goodies.

I know one thing is for sure I am funny about having skunk2 parts along with Neuspeed parts along with APR parts along with Ingals Parts...I would like to have one vendor to get parts from--that way I would know that all of the parts were designed to work together. Just a thought."

So if anyone has a serious interest in this idea, please reply...also give us a list of vendors you might want one of us to try to talk with.

Last edited by HondaChevy; 03-07-2005 at 11:33 AM.
Old 03-07-2005
Registered!!

truehonda has a spectacular aura abouttruehonda has a spectacular aura about
+1 here
Old 03-07-2005
Registered!!

wow...guess not.
Old 03-07-2005
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Things I'd like to see...

1. Camber/Caster plates.
2. Adjustible Lower control arms (Front) To allow for Camber/caster adjustment.

If you are interested, I have some ties with the guys over at S2kI and Gofast Labs.. They have a fabricator that has built every thing from Bumpsteer kits to Toe hooks for the S2000... All track tested too. I've asked about having Camber plates made, and they were receptive to the Idea... problem is that they would want one or more cars to test the parts on... for a week or so... on track... As an added incentive, the RSX, Si and "Lesser" civics all pretty much share the same suspension parts, so the camber plates would probably be universal... the lower control arms... Not so sure.

http://www.gofastlab.com/s2ki/home.php

PM Ludedude over on S2ki... JP is a good guy and pretty much runs the Vendor center over on S2ki. Tell him Spencer sent ya.

Last edited by Zzyzx; 03-07-2005 at 01:56 PM.
Old 03-07-2005
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Oh ya... I'd allso like to see shortened Tie rod ends to allow for more toe adjustment. Possibly a more ecentric bolt for the rear Toe adjustment too. Maybe a bumpsteer kit for the front end to relocate the tie rod??? Ect ect ect... Things that only interest those who compete with their cars.
Old 03-07-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Zzyzx
Oh ya... I'd allso like to see shortened Tie rod ends to allow for more toe adjustment. Possibly a more ecentric bolt for the rear Toe adjustment too. Maybe a bumpsteer kit for the front end to relocate the tie rod??? Ect ect ect... Things that only interest those who compete with their cars.

All things I too dream of...I guess the difference between users and drivers.

Old 03-07-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

J's racing has the tie rod ends coming out shortly. $250 for the pair.... pricey considering an OE one is $37.
Apparently its ok to flip the tie rod over and put it in the bottom by drilling the taper square. I wouldn't do it, but supposedly its safe to do.

I already have camber plate conversion kit parts done for Koni/GC kits.
Old 03-07-2005
Autocross Junky

Ya ya... I know.. I'm just hopeing this will be cheeper... not that any of it is in my budget right now any way.
Old 03-07-2005
Registered!!

Leets is an unknown quantity at this point
I would.
Old 03-08-2005
Registered!!

Ya ya... I know.. I'm just hopeing this will be cheeper... not that any of it is in my budget right now any way.

R&D would take some time anyway...so you could plan for it...I just would like to have one manufacture build all the parts I need to go fast around turns and save some weight and have a more structurally sound and engineered chassis/ suspension setup. Is that too much to ask for?
Old 03-08-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Boilermaker1
J's racing has the tie rod ends coming out shortly. $250 for the pair....
Where did you see this at?
Old 03-14-2005
Registered!!

So there is like only five people who would like to have suspension parts all around, made by (*for those of you who seem to be a little touchy*) other companies? There are only five people who would like to have parts for their cars other than just the generic crap? ....sheesh.

Last edited by HondaChevy; 03-15-2005 at 12:23 PM.
Old 03-14-2005
Autocross Junky

Your asking if some one would prefer to have ALL Neuspeed parts or all (Company XXX) parts??? WHy? Each company is good at different things. personally I have no problem with having a Neuspeed Front strtut bar, a Hotchkis Rear anti-roll bar, Eibach Springs, Koni Shocks ect ect ect... You take the best parts from each company and build a better setup. I thought you were asking what parts we wanted that were not commonly avalible...
Old 03-15-2005
Registered!!

I thought you were asking what parts we wanted that were not commonly available...
In short I am.

You’re asking if some one would prefer to have ALL Neuspeed parts or all (Company XXX) parts??? Why? ...
I personally come from the school of "a company that builds components builds them so that they are made to work together." And in this case prompts me to ask why not?

...personally I have no problem with having a Neuspeed Front strut bar, a Hotchkis Rear anti-roll bar, Eibach Springs, Koni Shocks etc...
In which case if you have no problem with having different makes of parts on your car great. That still does not rule out having more parts made. In all honesty it does not matter if you want one companies brand of parts or to use multiple companies parts...my deal is there are parts I want that no one makes + to have all of my components made by one manufacturer. Point at hand is lets get some more parts made.

Last edited by HondaChevy; 03-15-2005 at 12:26 PM.