Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Winter wiper baldes??

Old 12-24-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fred is an unknown quantity at this point
Winter wiper baldes??

Anyone use winter blades?
I'm in Connecticut and I ofgten find my blades icing up. Should I try winter blades?
if so which ones?
Thanks,
Old 12-24-2004
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
I'm curious too... Does anyone have anything better than stock?
Old 12-24-2004
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
in my experience so far... aftermarket wipers ****ing suck

after my first set of oem wipers, everything else is ****... everything else just smears or misses the ****ing water?

waste of money
Old 12-24-2004

gotti will become famous soon enoughgotti will become famous soon enough
i have the rain-x ones and i find that they are better than the stock ones were (anco). I have never heard of winter blades?
Old 12-24-2004
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Rain-X on your windshield and Rain-X wipers are a killer combo. Even with Ice on them they do well. Seriously its worth every penny.
Old 12-25-2004
Registered!!

BigDaddyHonda is an unknown quantity at this point
Specialty Silicone Products makes a great winter wiper, but they don't come in our sizes! We need 19" & 21" and they are only manufacturing even sizes at the present.

They DO have some wild color combinations in their regular silicone line though
Old 12-25-2004
Go Team Venture!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
againifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of light
i picked some up at advanced auto the other day.. i had to bend them to make them fit the windshield.. they work a lot better though.. basicly the blade part is just thicker .. havent gotten to use it in real snow yet though.. just some fluffy stuff and some serious rain and road flyupcrapwaterickyness.. they have a rubber booty over them.. i have no idea why.. guess its suposed to keep snow from sticking to them or something.. but so far ive just noticed that it makes them lift from the windshield at 70+ mph... so i cut the boot thing off.. they have maybe one coat of paint on them.. and look like hell.. .so im going to paint mine this afternoon.. hopefully they will still work..

dont remember who they are made by.. but the company has a whole huge selection is every auto parts store ive ever been in.. the ones i got came in a blue plastic box with snowflakes or something on them..
Old 12-25-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
We had a thread about this awhile ago where everyone went out and bought $50 aftermarket blades and said they were so much better, truth is a wiper blade is a wiper blade. It is a piece of rubber made to sher water and what not. I bought mine from walmart for $2 each and they do the job just fine.
Old 12-25-2004
Go Team Venture!

againifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of light
winter ones are thicker... thats the main thing.. mine were $8 each
Old 12-25-2004
Registered!!

kornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the rough
i tried some canadian tire winter ones with teflon and they were crap. worse then OEM after a month. a good winter blede should be thicker and push down against the windsheild with more pressure. these ones were weaker then stock in doing that. I'm still keeping an eye out for decent winter wipers but i think i may just replace the OEM rubbers with some new OEM rubbers for $5 for honda.
Old 12-26-2004
Registered!!

AggressiveAdam will become famous soon enoughAggressiveAdam will become famous soon enough
I bought these Motomaster Winter no streaks from Canadian tire, they were great hte first seasion with no fogging up, but I used the winter blades through summer so they wore out, they were like $40 for the pair, gonna have to buy new ones, I cant stand streaks!
Old 12-26-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
I use only cheapo Walmart RainX ones, go get the De-icer washer fluid... it helps.
Old 12-26-2004
Go Team Venture!