Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Buying Blue Front Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Splicer is an unknown quantity at this point
Buying Blue Front Bumper

I need to purchase a stock front bumper for my blue 2dr 01 civic coupe. i need one thats prepainted blue, or at the very least black. im not gonna get into details about where mine went, but lets just say im having a very bad week... if anyone knows a place i can get one for a decent price, or if anyone has one to sell from their car after putting on a kit, please fill me in. thanks!

-mike clinton
clintdogg@aol.com
Old 11-06-2004
Registered!!

snowboreddave is an unknown quantity at this point
dealer.
Old 11-06-2004
Registered!!

SODJAZERO is an unknown quantity at this point
ebay, usual around 100 shipped
Old 11-06-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
yes ebay, but they arent OEM bumpers, they look like OEM bumpers, but are made by honda.
Old 11-06-2004
Registered!!

ya, but rather than pay full price for it from the dealer i was hoping to pick one up a little bit cheaper on here. i just need something cheap and soon so i dont get pulled over. i could get an aftermarket body kit front bumper painted for less than honda would likely charge.
Old 11-06-2004
Registered!!

streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
best bet would be going through ebay. then getting it painted somewhere. I was quoted $175-$200 by alot of shops around here to get a bumper painted. Also try www.car-parts.com
Old 11-06-2004
Go Team Venture!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
againifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of light
the plastic "bumper" is just a bumper cover.. the real bumper is the metal thing behind it.. so the only thing you could get pulled over for is no front plate.. but 30 cents worth of zipties will solve that problem..

it will be ugly.. but it will be legal
Old 11-07-2004
Registered!!

lllll
Old 11-08-2004
Registered!!

id rather be illegal and pretty oh well i just ordered a new bumper cover and grill off ebay. black primed not that it makes a big difference, but i dont have that styrafome (spelling? i think i just butchered that word) peice that goes between the bumper and bumper cover...
Old 11-08-2004
Fuzzy Boy

FuzzBeC00L is an unknown quantity at this point
E-Bay man
Old 11-08-2004
Sweetest Dude on 7th Gen

xX03EXx will become famous soon enoughxX03EXx will become famous soon enough
You don't need the styrafolm thing, mine has been missing ever since i cleared my headlights a year ago. I just forgot to put it in when i put my bumper back on.
Old 11-08-2004
Go Team Venture!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
againifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of light
the foam piece is only there to give yer cover a lil squish for when you are parallelleleeeeleleleidontknowhowtospellthis parking.. without it yer cover gets smushed straight into the real metal bumper which is something you dont want to do..
Old 11-09-2004
Premium Member

IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
Buying one that is the same color as your car won't necessarily match. When I got a new quarter panel cuz my old one was smashed up in an accident, even tho it was the same color, they still had to fade the edges where the quarter panel meets up with the hood because otherwise they said you would be able to see a difference in the colors.

Last edited by IronFist; 11-09-2004 at 11:28 PM.
Old 11-09-2004
Registered!!

devilvtec is an unknown quantity at this point
yea, when i got rear ended a couple of months ago i was lucky that the new painted bumper didnt look different from the rest of the car.

edit: the new bumper was painted, not repainted