Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Megan Racing Lower Tie Bar?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Megan Racing Lower Tie Bar?

Are megan racing lower tie bars worth it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33591

Is there a noticable difference with these bars?
Old 11-05-2004
Custom Titles are played out

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura about
hmm.. They should be.. I know I saw some Control Arms by that company.. and in the bottom lower left it said "For Show Use Only"... Kinda made me wonder why they were selling them

My friend has had good luck with megan racing.. so you should be okay.. I would stick with nuespeed or dc sports personally, but whatever you can afford.
Old 11-05-2004
Registered!!

streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
well money wise isnt a big deal, but I thought I would give a different company a try and see if there lower cost product works better.
Old 11-06-2004
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
DC is an overpriced pos!! Anything but DC..... Lower tie bars are useless, its only for looks and ive seen megan and they look nice!! I say get em
Old 11-06-2004
Escaped Convict

CapYoda has a spectacular aura aboutCapYoda has a spectacular aura about
lol u just said lower tie are useless but told him to get them..

I have a Neuspeed one and its not worth the money at all too.

although its at the location stock RSX-S lower tie bars are at.. so..

I doubt there will be any noticable difference.. they're mainly to reinforce the subframe more than anything.. can't complain about the price there though.

also, gotta take care installing it too.. sometimes when u remove the LCA bolt, it gets tough to fit it back in if u dont keep the control arms in place.
Old 11-06-2004
ctv
Registered!!

ctv is an unknown quantity at this point
i have the megan racing upper and lower rear tie bars
the upper makes a good noticeable difference

the rear lower i really didint but for the cheap price i paid off ebay
wth, and they are the same as DC sports for 1/10th the cost
Old 11-06-2004
Registered!!

well if it doesnt even do that much then the hell with it.
Old 11-06-2004
Registered!!

dre2600 is an unknown quantity at this point
Get the Neuspeed lower tie bar, its pretty cheap and it -is- functional, not to mention that it looks decent.

http://www.neuspeed.com/products/product_details.asp?app=20|CV&type=12&ltype=ns_imp ort&p_id=1038
Old 11-07-2004
Registered!!

ruckus1 is an unknown quantity at this point
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33590
these say JDM, but hey theyre only 95 cents
Old 11-07-2004
Registered!!

ruckus1 is an unknown quantity at this point
there are a few brands of upper strut bars, too like x3, one of em is angel something, what are the best ones, neuspeed, or dc? or does it matter? the carbone fiber ones, look real nice to me. i have a black sedan that i got carbon fiber mirrors for, so i hope it will look nice. but i would like to have anodized red, or chrome strut bars
Old 11-08-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ruckus1
there are a few brands of upper strut bars, too like x3, one of em is angel something, what are the best ones, neuspeed, or dc? or does it matter? the carbone fiber ones, look real nice to me. i have a black sedan that i got carbon fiber mirrors for, so i hope it will look nice. but i would like to have anodized red, or chrome strut bars
we are not talking about strut bars here, only lower tie bars.
Old 11-08-2004
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
Those look nice for the price. Almost looks like the DC. I'd buy it if I didn't already have one.
Old 11-09-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
It said "For show use only" in the corner? Holy crap. That's the definition of rice.

If I was a judge, I would take away so many points for fake ricey ****: fake roll cages, fake tie bars, fake nitrous bottles, if you have anything that looks high performance but is actually just for show, you would lose automatically.