Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

titanium shift knob

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quick83 is an unknown quantity at this point
titanium shift ****

I found this online what do you think?
http://www.airborne.net/eready/janet...ku=AB-AUTO-SNB
Old 12-27-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Mr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to all
it's a POS
Old 12-27-2003
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
Dont like look of it. personally.
This is nice titanium shiftknob but expensive.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=6755

Last edited by civicvtec1ps; 12-27-2003 at 05:26 PM.
Old 12-28-2003
Premium Member

IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
^ That one looks cool but do you want a 6 speed **** on your Civic?
Old 12-28-2003
Registered!!

Drnknmnky13 is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't know the conductive properties of titanium....but I bet that sucks would be cold as a **** in the winter.
Old 12-28-2003
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
Originally posted by Drnknmnky13
I don't know the conductive properties of titanium....but I bet that sucks would be cold as a **** in the winter.
Spoon's Titanium **** warms up in a matter of seconds. It is so light. Only 17.5 grams versus most ***** that weight around 200grams.

Anyways, It does warm up a hell of a lot faster than aluminum *****, etc.
Old 12-28-2003
Registered!!

Elite is an unknown quantity at this point
I almost have that same shift **** from acura except mine is the base model kind its still titanium but its 5 gears and it lettering is in black.
Old 12-28-2003
Registered!!

cwick187 is an unknown quantity at this point
I hate the way the Spoon Titanium **** looks...That's my opinion of coarse, but just wish they would have got more creative with the design...It's way too expensive for what it is.. Yeah, it's light, but it looks like something you buy at Autozone...My 2 cents
Old 12-28-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by FlyRiceRacer02
Spoon's Titanium **** warms up in a matter of seconds. It is so light. Only 17.5 grams versus most ***** that weight around 200grams.

Anyways, It does warm up a hell of a lot faster than aluminum *****, etc.
Conductivity is 5 times higher than Aluminum (give or take a little). So it heats up and cools down a lot faster.
I HIGHLY doubt thats actually "Titanium". It would cost more just to get the chunk of titanium to machine it. At the most, a piece of it is titanium and the rest is aluminum (it does say the **** is 3 pieces).
Old 12-28-2003
Registered!!

AdamYYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
I HIGHLY doubt thats actually "Titanium". It would cost more just to get the chunk of titanium to machine it. At the most, a piece of it is titanium and the rest is aluminum (it does say the **** is 3 pieces).
Titanium isnt expensive when you buy it in lengths. I use aerospace grade TI6AL4V Titanium at work almost every day in varying sizes of rod and bar. I machine diameters between .375" and 4". People pay for the novelty aspect because its a fashionable material right now. For example, my friend sometimes makes rings at work. He made one in a half hour and had it officialy appraised at 300 Canadian at a jewler. The material used was worth much less than a dollar. A shiftknob might at the most cost 5 dollars worth of material.

I **** you not.
Old 12-28-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
alright, true, if you buy shitloads of it. But then its what? $65-75 an hour for the machining (labor, overhead, etc...)? So figure it takes 8-12 minutes to make one, you gotta pay someone to assemble it, finish it, package it and ship it. Thats gotta be close to $30 right there. Then make your profit on top of that. Something just doesn't shake out right. Obviously most of the titanium ones are OEM or big names, but even the knockoff aluminum ones are going for $30ish and up... so something still doesn't make sense in the price department.
Old 12-28-2003
Registered!!

Something definately stinks alright. I would DEFINATELY spend an afternoon in my machine shop rather than paying some company a fat load of money for something that really isnt all that complicated to make. The hardest part would be to engrave the top of the ****. But... Why do they even do that anyway? What kind of retard needs to look at the shifting diagram? I dont even find it attractive in any way. If I made my own, I'dd leave it bare.

The only thing thats stopped me from making one is the cold **** scenario... But maybe this thread has peaked my interest if some say it heats up quickly. My hardest choise would be finnish. Satin or polished? I personaly think the heat treated look is very lame. Who wants a rainbow ****? LOL
Old 12-28-2003
Registered!!

quick83 is an unknown quantity at this point
if you check out that website they make custom bike parts so the shift **** looks like its just a little side thing
Old 12-29-2003
Escaped Convict

CapYoda has a spectacular aura aboutCapYoda has a spectacular aura about
titanium rings. lol.

yeah whenever I see it.. sheesh.. thats not precious metal. its neat, but er.. precious? i duno.
Old 12-29-2003
Registered!!

I should get a picture of the appraised ring. It wasnt that special at all. But it was done at a proper appraisal place, so Im assuming that its somewhat accurate. But one thing I must add is he didnt tell the appraiser that he made it. That might have affected the value somehow. Funny how that works eh? But yeah, now he has a passport for the ring with the value. If we could only offload them for decent coin in large quantities, then we would be laughing. Even if we got 1/3rd of the appraised value we'dd be laughing.
Old 12-29-2003
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
I saw a wedding ring with Titanium on it, looked pretty cool. it was a band of Platum with 2 bands of Titanium around it, the contrast of the 2 metals was actually really good looking.