I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Wiring Issue with Pioneer W4400NEX...Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SMRcalidiv is an unknown quantity at this point
Wiring Issue with Pioneer W4400NEX...Help Please

Before I get yelled at...I did search, but as it tends to happen I'm exhausted and having a hard time making sense of some of this...so if you can help out, please do...I need it.

OK, so I bought my wife the Pioneer w4400nex, and accompanying wiring kit through Crutchfield. She has a 2006 lx with ( I thought) the standard audio package (she bought the car before we ever met).

I wired up the main harness color for color, and also wired in the brake bypass I purchased through Amazon, with the blue wire of the bypass going to the "Remote" wire of the new deck's harness. I did not wire in the blue wire of the antenna adapter, and it is just hanging there as of now. I noticed an additional harness that wasn't mentioned in the instructions, and I'm not sure what it is. I left it unplugged and the stereo works, receives radio input, but the rear speakers are noticeably louder than the fronts. There is no static or buzzing noise.

Also, the DVD/Video functions with the car parked, NO emergency brake on, and OUT of "Park"...moving under 5mph...which leads me to believe the bypass is working, but the warning comes on over 5mph ish. Could that be a result of the "GPS" wire/receiver that came with the deck? Meaning that if I unplugged it, the bypass would fully function? I'm just curious how it's working to bypass the need for the car having the E-brake pulled, but not "really" working as intended???

Here is the harness in question:

Old 09-08-2019
Registered!!

Qdoubledee is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Wiring Issue with Pioneer W4400NEX...Help Please

I've had a similar issue with my wife's tahoe. What I ended up doing is not hooking up the parking brake bypass to any wiring on the radio but instead I took a paperclip and attached the wire to it. Once the car has started I attach the paperclip to metal. Theres a clip under her dash so it's pretty convenient. This allows the screen to stay on all the time.
Old 12-02-2019
Registered!!

Jaziel Urenda is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Wiring Issue with Pioneer W4400NEX...Help Please

Originally Posted by SMRcalidiv
Before I get yelled at...I did search, but as it tends to happen I'm exhausted and having a hard time making sense of some of this...so if you can help out, please do...I need it.

OK, so I bought my wife the Pioneer w4400nex, and accompanying wiring kit through Crutchfield. She has a 2006 lx with ( I thought) the standard audio package (she bought the car before we ever met).

I wired up the main harness color for color, and also wired in the brake bypass I purchased through Amazon, with the blue wire of the bypass going to the "Remote" wire of the new deck's harness. I did not wire in the blue wire of the antenna adapter, and it is just hanging there as of now. I noticed an additional harness that wasn't mentioned in the instructions, and I'm not sure what it is. I left it unplugged and the stereo works, receives radio input, but the rear speakers are noticeably louder than the fronts. There is no static or buzzing noise.

Also, the DVD/Video functions with the car parked, NO emergency brake on, and OUT of "Park"...moving under 5mph...which leads me to believe the bypass is working, but the warning comes on over 5mph ish. Could that be a result of the "GPS" wire/receiver that came with the deck? Meaning that if I unplugged it, the bypass would fully function? I'm just curious how it's working to bypass the need for the car having the E-brake pulled, but not "really" working as intended???

Here is the harness in question:

yes the warning is from the GPS that comes with the unit if you leave it un plugged the bypass would work. You would only get a notification that tells you the GPS is unplugged when you use Android Auto or Car play but the unit can use the GPS from the Phone instead. Just make sure GPS doesn't get turned off when you're phone's screen turns off. I have mine in a 08 Si hook up to a toggle switch for bypass just using the wire that should be for E-break given that it essentially works the same way