I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Weird electrical roaming issue

Old 05-14-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rmethod is an unknown quantity at this point
Weird electrical roaming issue

All,
Thanks in advance for any help I can get with this. It's a real bran teaser.

Every 3-4 months, or so, I have an issue when something on the car just stops working for a day or so. Then, it starts up again.

For example, yesterday I had my air conditioner recharged and it worked fine for 4 hours. Then, the fans stopped working. I thought that the tech had done some type of damage to the fans, but they started working again this morning. Three months ago, the radio would not turn on at all. It stayed that way for 2 days, and then, just like that, it started working again. Four months before that, the indoor lights stopped working for approx. 2 days, and then started working again.

So far nothing major, but I'm afraid that one day it may cause something important to stop working. I have this nightmare of driving down I-85 and my car just shuts off.

Any ideas? Again, thanks in advance for any help

Honda Civic - 2010
Old 05-14-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Weird electrical roaming issue

Every 3-4 months, or so, I have an issue when something on the car just stops working for a day or so. Then, it starts up again.
Try to pick ONE thing and analyze the failure in depth. Track it to an end, then go for the next item that fails.
Most recent:
Then, the fans stopped working.
Specifically which fan(s) quit? There are 3 involved in the AC operation.