Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here.

Don't know how low or what size wheel.

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't know how low or what size wheel.

This will be my first post on any kind of forum lol. I'm new to this stuff so if I'm not doing this right let me know. I recently purchased a 15 civic Si. Love the car but it's practically a monster truck with how high it sits. I want it lower and more flush. Not to sure what kind of drop I should do or wheel size/tire combo. It's an orange car and I want to do midnight blue wheels. Thoughts?
Old 06-25-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Don't know how low or what size wheel.

Welcome.

Get coilovers you will be happier with those over springs, IMO. You can take a tape measure and measure how many inches you need to go down to get the desired drop you want. You can also measure for wheel offset this way to get the desired offset you want but it will be easier when it is lowered to the height you want. I would get wheels after it is lowered.

Just lowering the car with OEM wheels will make it look better.
Old 06-25-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks. thats a good idea. Idk why I never thought of just keeping the stock wheels on it. I think I am getting to excited of all of the possibilities haha. What's your input on the adjustable coil overs? I just don't want to but a certain set and then buy new wheels and tires after I drop it and not like the distance I did.
Old 06-25-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

I am not familiar with your gen civic but some good brands to look at are:

KW
Tein
Ground Control w/ Koni
Buddy Club
ISC (I have checked them out for other cars and they look to made differently then the other stuff like ksport and Megan)