Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

07 GX: Check engine light / Coils keep blowing

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
csansom is an unknown quantity at this point
07 GX: Check engine light / Coils keep blowing

So here's my problem. I have a 2007 Civic GX. About a month ago the car started running really rough, and the check engine light came on. It threw codes 'Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected', 'Cylinder 1 Misfire Detected', 'Cylinder 2 Misfire Detected' and 'Rear Speed Sensor Malfunction'.

Troubleshooting this down I discovered Cylinder one ignition coils was out. I replaced it, and everything was good to go.

Just a few days later the exact problem reoccurs. The coil I had replaced was still good, but I had lost another coil. So I replaced the remaining 3 original coils figuring it would be best to just update them all. Once again everything was good to go.

Just 2 days later I've got the same problem. This time the brand new coil on cylinder 4 was bad. Again, this was a brand new coil that failed. Replacing it again fixed the issue.

And now, a day later I'm having the SAME issue. A coil is out.

Can someone please help me with what could be blowing coil after coil after coil?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Old 07-18-2017
Registered!!

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
NDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Check engine light / Coils keep blowing

First you should be posting in the 8th gen section.
Bad wiring could be the culprit. Check the fuse. Are you using OEM coils?