Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

"passenger airbag"

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mrcheap is an unknown quantity at this point
"passenger airbag"

so i am in the process of fixing some lights that are out on my dash. most notably the left buttons that control the mileage reset, emergency flashers "triangle" and the fan speed lights.

my question is for the passenger airbag light, does the the words "passenger airbag" illuminate green like the rest of the dash?

also where is the best source for bulbs

06 civic lx sedan

thanks!
Old 01-21-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: "passenger airbag"

my question is for the passenger airbag light, does the the words "passenger airbag" illuminate green like the rest of the dash?
I think the "passenger airbag OFF" light is yellow. Pull the unit out, remove the bulb, it probably has a colored condom on it. (New bulb comes with the colored condom on it if you purchase by individual part numbers......various bulbs are similar but not all the same)

also where is the best source for bulbs
Order through a Honda dealer, or a Honda dealer online?

Catalog link: http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=CIVIC&catcgry 2=2006&catcgry3=4DR+LX&catcgry4=KA5AT&catcgry5=SWI TCH

Old 01-21-2017
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

That was the one bulb that funked out on my 2010.

You will likely knock more filaments loose R & R ing the dash.

i'd live with it.
Old 01-21-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mrcheap is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the replies

i do understand it lights up yellow, i have no problems with that, but i was wondering it the words "passenger airbag" lights up to when the rest of the dash is on

as you can tell this car is new to me and im a little **** when i want things all functioning as it should be

but since it is just a commuter i might just leave it as is
Old 01-21-2017
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Yes, it is illuminated & dims with the others in dash. It would have 2 separate bulbs.

Your filaments are 10-11 years old.... they do not like shock/movement when aged & those bulbs run hot for their size.
Old 01-21-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Your filaments are 10-11 years old.... they do not like shock/movement when aged
Had a couple complaints after doing airbag recalls on these, "Now the heater panel lights quit"....yeah this happens.

Has your new car had all of its recalls completed?
Check your VIN here: recalls.honda.com