Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Staying Turned Over 2006 Ex Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mpb2790 is an unknown quantity at this point
Staying Turned Over 2006 Ex Coupe

Hi, new user here.

Having a hard time figuring out what's going on with my civic; wanted to come here for some help. When I turn the car on it will turn over, then immediately stall out. This will go on for a little bit until the horn honks 3 times then it will turn over and stay. It was bad in the summer when it was hot out, so I thought it could have been over heating since I needed a new engine thermostat. Got that fixed but it kept happening. Thought it could have been the battery so I go a brand new battery too. Nothing is coming up on the dash indicating it needs maintenance. I have a remote starter that usually works; however today it wouldn't work at all.

Anyone else have this issue or know anything about it?

Last edited by mpb2790; 10-18-2016 at 09:14 AM.
Old 10-18-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Staying Turned Over 2006 Ex Coupe

Remove aftermarket remote start system, repair all hacked wiring back to the way the factory intended it to be, then verify the car works correctly.
Old 10-21-2016
Registered!!

The dealership is saying that it's the embolization chip. They went into replace it and it didn't work. Now they're saying that they have to replace the gauge that it connects to.
Old 10-21-2016

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Call your dealer back right now and have them check bulletin # 06-036 and see if that might be the issue with the car.
Old 10-21-2016
Registered!!

That's what they're telling me the problem is. They showed me that yesterday. I didn't think I should have to pay for it but it sounds like I'm gonna have to
Old 10-21-2016

I didn't think I should have to pay for it but it sounds like I'm gonna have to
Car is far beyond warranty coverage. Hondas obligations ended when the warranty period was over.

I've had to do the job a few times. It's unfortunate when it happens, but it won't happen to everyone because it takes a rather specific set of conditions to make it fail.