Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2008 LX tranny "slow leak"

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civic15 is an unknown quantity at this point
2008 LX tranny "slow leak"

done

Last edited by Civic15; 03-21-2016 at 04:45 PM.
Old 03-18-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2008 LX tranny "slow leak"

Has anyone heard of or experienced this?
Yes.
Old 03-19-2016
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
Yes.
And?
Old 03-19-2016

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Civic15
And?
And what?
Old 03-21-2016
Registered!!

done

Last edited by Civic15; 03-21-2016 at 04:45 PM.
Old 03-21-2016

Is it a gasket, a hose, expensive, recall, etc.
You tell me.

You don't know what is leaking,
you don't know where it is leaking from,
you don't know how rapidly it is leaking,
you don't know why it is leaking.....

You have not verified what someone else claimed is a leak.
You don't have one iota of information necessary to start a discussion about this supposed leak.

How about you go back to the shop that noted this leak and have them point it out to you?
How about you crawl under the car and see where the leak is and get some pictures of it?

For all I know it took 100,000+ miles to leave a moist stain in the dirt on the bottom. Or maybe someone didn't clean off the dribbles after the last fluid change.
Old 03-21-2016
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Civic15
Hi.
I'm pissed! This is not a problem I'd expect from a Honda!
I have an 01 accord that I have had for 7 years. It doesn't leave any spots on the driveway. If I am under the car there is a clearly visible fuzzy band of oil seep all the way around the oil pan. The car has 106k miles on it. Does it bother me? No, not all. I clean it off at oil changes.

You have found a shop that tells you about some slight seepage that doesn't bother them. You could go back and get more info or pictures about this leak.

Would it make you happier if they were to tell you that it is a leak from the case seam(which is kinda common) and that the repair is to replace the trans or a very labor and skill intensive splitting and resealing of the trans case?

You have a shop that wants to monitor the condition and see if it gets any worse. Sounds like what I would be doing and what I would recommend to one of my customers.

I got ninja'd by ezone on my 100th post.
Old 03-21-2016
Registered!!

not worth it.

Last edited by Civic15; 03-21-2016 at 04:39 PM.
Old 03-21-2016
Registered!!

I know ezone is a mod. if anyone else can just delete my account, that would be swell.

thanks in advance.
Old 03-21-2016
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

We can't see your car from where we are. We need some effort from you to investigate what is going on with your vehicle.

If you don't trust the mechanic who told you this information then take it to another one and get a second opinion.