Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Best shocks

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wariogamer is an unknown quantity at this point
Best shocks

Hey I want new shocks.. What would be the smoothest softest riding shocks to buy for 2011 civic coupe? I bought sensen shocks not realizing they are economy stiff riding shocks and struts! What brand shocks?
Old 02-22-2016
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold
Re: Best shocks

Factory shocks ride pretty good and last for a very long time. Have you modified the suspension? Lowering springs? Different sized lower profile tires? These things affect ride as well. I wouldn't consider any brand of suspension components that can be bought at your local parts store.
Old 02-22-2016
Registered!!

Originally Posted by mcnoople
Factory shocks ride pretty good and last for a very long time. Have you modified the suspension? Lowering springs? Different sized lower profile tires? These things affect ride as well. I wouldn't consider any brand of suspension components that can be bought at your local parts store.
No everything is stock. These new sensen shocks are just bad. Unless they are stiff because it's winter and they are just sluggish?
Old 02-22-2016
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Ride comfort is a matter of opinion but some good brands are:

OEM
KYB (closer to OE ride) and possibly the OE supplier
Koni (more performance)
Tokico (more performance)

Odd that your 2011 needed new shocks. I have always had great life out of the OEM shocks.
Old 02-22-2016
Registered!!

Originally Posted by GolNat
Ride comfort is a matter of opinion but some good brands are:

OEM
KYB (closer to OE ride) and possibly the OE supplier
Koni (more performance)
Tokico (more performance)

Odd that your 2011 needed new shocks. I have always had great life out of the OEM shocks.
I was going to buy KYB. I feel like I should just wait till it gets warm to see if these sensen shocks losen up and ride better. Unless they really are trash. Also I had them changed at 36k, roads here on Long Island are some of the worst in the country
Old 02-26-2016
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about

Check out Amazon, go with known shock manufacturers like KYB. I just went with these for the struts and shocks, price was good. See my "Suspension Overhaul" post. Certain jobs are Honda only parts the rest are known good after market suppliers for that type component, like KYB, etc. for shocks & struts.