Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

P0171

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stussey21 is an unknown quantity at this point
P0171

Should my exhaust be doing this and could it be the reason I'm getting a fuel too lean code, it's also doing the same thing from the triangle shaped gasket in my exhaust and what do I do to this hose I know it's not supposed to be open ended like that so I'd really like to know what I need to buy to fix it, the intake kit never came with a hose to fit that
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo4294966984.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	954.7 KB
ID:	88288   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo410.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	778.9 KB
ID:	88289  
Old 11-23-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: P0171

Pic1 exhaust has a small puddle under it? No biggie IMO. Water is normal, but the joint is leaking a bit.
Not the cause of your code.

I can't tell what the other pic is other than the breather vent. Too close. Where does it go? Is it still connected to anything other then the water lines?
Old 11-24-2015
Registered!!

I've attached some more pictures, hopefully those will help, I have no idea what the hose is running to or what it does I'm just trying to troubleshoot this engine light as I currently have a 1000 mile trip to make. I'm going to go tommorow and look at the exhaust some more, it is leaking badly I can feel it and hear a hissing noise coming from the unde the car,
Old 11-24-2015

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

I've attached some more pictures,
Pic fail.

P0171 ----Remove MAF sensor from the breather tube
Get the flashlight and look for dirt/debris/bug stuck in the MAF sensor.

On a stock system this seems to happen when one uses a cheapo air filter that doesn't fit quite right or someone mutilates the rubber gasket around the filter.

With CAI it's anyones guess. Also check if the filter is the oily type that it isn't saturated and contaminated the MAF sensor.
Old 11-24-2015
Registered!!

Sorry about that and it is an CAI I took the whole thing apart and refitted it perfectly making sure I left no room for leaks, but about the oily type air filter, wtf do you mean lol I didn't know there was such a thing, the filter is a little dirty, but I removed the MAF this morning and it looked fine, I took an air hose and blew some air there it just to make sure there was nothing in it. But like I said the filter is hella dirty and there are no splash guards installed because the intake kept making me scrub them, could a dirty *** filter be the issue?
Old 11-24-2015

Got freeze data to go with the P0171 code?

Still no pics seen
Is the vent port on the valve cover open-- or not connected to the intake pipe?

Got the stock air filter box? Reinstall it, erase codes, then see if the code returns?

Did you get a tank full of E85?

Test fuel pressure?

but about the oily type air filter, wtf do you mean lol I didn't know there was such a thing,
K&N has a red oil for their washable filters.