Brakes Post information/questions/Issues about Brakes here.

Class Action Suit--> brake pad wear

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speedy25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Class Action Suit--> brake pad wear

Just in case there is someone on here that didnt get a letter. This wasnt a problem on my car but I know I have read about some getting 7k out of their brake pads.

-SP
Old 09-27-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Class Action Suit--> brake pad wear

You mean the one about 08-09 Accords rear pads wearing too fast?
Old 09-27-2014
Registered!!

Well I remembered the Accord thing too, but this was for Civics!

Headline on the "notice.."

If you are a current or former owner or lesee of a: Honda Civic model years 2006-2011 (DX and LX trims only..."

I suppose since they cant spell they might also not know the difference between an Accord and a Civic.

I'll leave it out of the trash for a few more days in case someone needs real details.

-SP
Old 09-27-2014

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

I am not aware of anything like this (yet).

Got a link?
Old 09-27-2014

Originally Posted by ezone
I am not aware of anything like this (yet).

Got a link?
Correction: I'm not aware of any settlement on this yet.
Old 09-27-2014
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Got a letter for my 2010 LX sedan.

Got 75k out of original pads.

No complaints here.
Old 09-27-2014

Hmmm. I can't find anything in the service section of the Honda website that mentions this specific suit.

That makes me wonder if this suit is the reason there is a Service News (dated July 2012) regarding the introduction of a longer life front brake pad set for 06-11 Civic DX VP and LX.
Old 09-28-2014

CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

The part # did change mine were ordered Oct 2013. New# = 45022-SNE-A00
Old 09-28-2014
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
jordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nice

I got a letter as well, it was for the rear brake drums for my 2006.

I'm over 100k miles with them without any problems, so I just kinda ignored the letter lol.

My front pads actually only lasted about 40k miles, but the previous owner had a lot of trouble driving, and nerve damage in her legs so she would ride the brakes a lot and also have to slam them on quite often due to not paying attention.

I replaced them with the advance auto-parts highest tier brand, over 60k miles on the pads now without an issue.
Old 09-28-2014

Originally Posted by CraigW
The part # did change mine were ordered Oct 2013. New# = 45022-SNE-A00

Service News (and a couple different parts bulletins) says

45022-SNE-A00 is the factory installed pad set, NS236H stamped on the back of the pad.

45022-SNE-A50 is the longer life pad set, stamped NS265H.

Still haven't seen anything saying this is the result of a class action suit. I guess us lowly techs are the last to know.
Old 09-28-2014
"Honda - tried, true & tested...!"

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
brags is an unknown quantity at this point

Same here heard nothing Yet. If there actually is an issue with
the 8th gen rear brakes/or front ones. i will seek out some connections I know to find more info on this issue. currently I have no issues with brakes on my 08 Civic.

Last edited by brags; 09-28-2014 at 06:18 PM.
Old 09-28-2014

I know there was a recall issued for inspecting the rear ABS sensors, on many 06-07 Civics with both disc and drum type brakes......

And another recall for the brake light switch.

Nothing about brake shoes though.
Nothing about brake socks either.
Old 09-29-2014
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
I guess us lowly techs are the last to know.
Hahaha! Usually you are the FIRST to know while we consumers stay in the dark.

My guess is that class action will fizzle and die because the lawyers have the WRONG information. (Like they mixed up civic and accord!)

-SP
Old 09-29-2014

Will have to locate my letter and check further.
Old 09-29-2014

Originally Posted by speedy25
Hahaha! Usually you are the FIRST to know while we consumers stay in the dark.
Consumers seem to know about them before dealers do.

It seems like the national news reports about recalls long before the company tells us, and long before they have any parts and procedures ready to actually perform said recalls.
Old 10-05-2014
Registered!!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Dobber1 is a jewel in the roughDobber1 is a jewel in the roughDobber1 is a jewel in the rough

Here you go...
Scan.pdf
Old 10-05-2014

Thanks.. Looks like it isn't completed though?

EDIT: Damn image didn't work. Ignore.

'the court will hold a hearing at 10:00 AM on Feb 20.....bla bla bla'
Old 10-06-2014

Just going to hang onto my letter, no reason to get involved for me.
Old 11-07-2014
Registered!!

OneNuke89 is an unknown quantity at this point

I received my letter about a month ago. I did have the problems, and need to fill out the paperwork to get reimbursed. Bought the car new in April 2011. Barely got 15,000, took the car into the dealer for routine maintenance. They told me the brakes needed replacement. I relented (my wife was the primary driver and I didn't want to deal with it) and had them replace the brakes. When I went to pick it up, the old pads had mysteriously disappeared and they wouldn't show them to me. I figured it was just the dealership until I got the letter. I currently have almost 50,000 and the pads look great. Obviously, some defect in the original pads. According to the letter, I get like 50% reimbursement. It's worth the paperwork hassle, I guess.