Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2007 Civic A/C

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007HC is an unknown quantity at this point
2007 Civic A/C

The A/C system on my Civic really stinks. I live in Az. When the car is parked in the shade, the A/C works fairly well, but when it's left out in the sun, it's better to roll down the windows. Anyone else have A/C problems?
Old 06-30-2014
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 2007 Civic A/C

I used to live in the PHX area for the first four years I had my car. I'd always go windows down until the engine warmed up to its operating temp (doesn't take long out there, does it?), then I could fire up the A/C. Faster speeds also help with the airflow. You're good on freon, right?
Hey, at least it's a dry heat, right?
Old 06-30-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Yep.
Start the car, run the AC on full blast.
Roll down the windows and drive until the interior temp drops from 196+ degrees down to about 120 and cool air is coming out the vents.
Then roll up the windows.

The AC can only drop the air temp about 30 degrees across the evaporator core in one pass. Your interior is nearly 200 sitting in the sun, it takes a long time to cool it down without some help.
Old 07-01-2014
Registered!!

barryaz1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm also in Arizona. The AC's OK, but I did need a recharge this year (an '07). But be careful of who works on it if necessary, other threads here talk about the need for this one thing to be done by the dealer:-(

The AC's OK, and starting out by blowing out the ridiculously hot air is never a bad idea.
Old 07-01-2014

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by barryaz1
other threads here talk about the need for this one thing to be done by the dealer:-(
I think that only applies to the Hybrids that use an IMA powered electric or dual driven belt/IMA compressor, we have a special AC machine for handling them. They use a very special oil in the AC system, any other oil type is considered a contaminant and a possible safety/shock hazard.
Old 07-31-2014
Registered!!

ankurdabas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ezone
Yep.
Start the car, run the AC on full blast.
Roll down the windows and drive until the interior temp drops from 196+ degrees down to about 120 and cool air is coming out the vents.
Then roll up the windows.

The AC can only drop the air temp about 30 degrees across the evaporator core in one pass. Your interior is nearly 200 sitting in the sun, it takes a long time to cool it down without some help.
I have a uestion here .. y would my 2008 ex a/c keeps ticking on and off .. no mater what the outside temperature is .. ?? most civic do this .. dunno y .. by a/c i mean compressor
Old 07-31-2014
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

Does it do that when you're just idling, or does it do that while you're driving?
Old 07-31-2014
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Poopies
Does it do that when you're just idling, or does it do that while you're driving?
Both the times .. and i hate it ..its been an year
Old 07-31-2014
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Poopies
Can u help me on my other thread regarding the noise from under the hood ???
Old 07-31-2014

Originally Posted by ankurdabas
I have a uestion here .. y would my 2008 ex a/c keeps ticking on and off .. no mater what the outside temperature is .. ?? most civic do this .. dunno y .. by a/c i mean compressor

The system is supposed to cycle the compressor on and off to keep the temperature of the evaporator core somewhere between ~roughly 3-8 degrees C so it does not freeze.

But if it cycles without good cooling from the dash vents
Some of the more common reasons have been

*AC system overcharged, too much freon
*AC system excessively high pressure on the high side of the system due to lack of air flow, such as radiator fan(s) inoperative or condenser/radiator fins clogged with bugs and sand and dirt
*PCM determines the engine coolant temp indicates overheating and shuts off the compressor

There may be other reasons too.
Also, it's only a Civic. It's an economy car. The AC system is kinda weak compared to some other cars. Even when it works great, it can take a looooooooooong time to cool down a hot interior.
Old 08-01-2014
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
The system is supposed to cycle the compressor on and off to keep the temperature of the evaporator core somewhere between ~roughly 3-8 degrees C so it does not freeze.

But if it cycles without good cooling from the dash vents
Some of the more common reasons have been

*AC system overcharged, too much freon
*AC system excessively high pressure on the high side of the system due to lack of air flow, such as radiator fan(s) inoperative or condenser/radiator fins clogged with bugs and sand and dirt
*PCM determines the engine coolant temp indicates overheating and shuts off the compressor

There may be other reasons too.
Also, it's only a Civic. It's an economy car. The AC system is kinda weak compared to some other cars. Even when it works great, it can take a looooooooooong time to cool down a hot interior.
OH YAA , dat make sense ,,will try to clean the radiator soon ,. and also check the freon level ,, tnx again