Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2008 EX Broken Motor Mount

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Supertech is an unknown quantity at this point
2008 EX Broken Motor Mount

For weeks I had severe vibration when starting cold, brake on and shifting into reverse. No vibration in drive. After a few minutes it wouldn't vibrate in reverse with brake on. Very weird. Turned out to be the passenger side motor mount. I can understand why it would affect only reverse and not drive but can't understand why it only happened on the first start of the day.
Anyway, replacing the mount stopped it, for $491. I noticed when I first started researching this symptom that there were several others reporting the same problem and solution. What I'm wondering is, is there any class action lawsuit underway? Motor mounts shouldn't fail at 53,000. I've Googled around but don't find any CALs for motor mounts anywhere...
Old 03-22-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2008 EX Broken Motor Mount

Lawsuit? Good luck with that.
Old 03-23-2014
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
Lawsuit? Good luck with that.
Ezone,

I agree CALs are always a long shot but don't forget that they resulted in extended warranties for visors, paint & engine blocks. They do happen...

Supertech
Old 03-23-2014

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Supertech
Supertech? What do you work on?

They do happen...
I would have expected it to happen long before now, if it was going to happen.
It's not like every last one of them fails at 50k either, I'd be replacing them all day long.

Chrysler makes so many important front suspension parts like ball joints and tie rod ends out of something that must be as soft as CHEESE, they can be incredibly dangerous when they fail...... yet no media frenzy with lawsuits or recalls?
Old 03-23-2014
Registered!!

I'm actually an IT Tech, not Auto. Been a shade tree mechanic for 50+ years, long enough that my back convinced me not to do much heavy lifting anymore. What automotive knowledge I've managed to accumulate along the way merely helps me interface with the professional mechanics I defer to now.
Old 03-23-2014

Originally Posted by Supertech
I'm actually an IT Tech, not Auto. Been a shade tree mechanic for 50+ years, long enough that my back convinced me not to do much heavy lifting anymore.
I hear ya. I've had back issues ever since my 20s, but the initial kill didn't happen while wrenching....

I will go to great lengths now to avoid lifting heavy stuff.
Let the young bucks heave that heavy stuff up off the floor