Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

civic makes noise and stalls. NO check engine lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bryanarmy25 is an unknown quantity at this point
civic makes noise and stalls. NO check engine lights

I have a 2006 Honda Civic 5-Speed. I was on the highway yesterday and my car started making a rattling noise when I would push the gas pedal. Further down the road it got worse to where it would make the noise with out pushing the gas pedal. After the noise got worse it stalled for no reason. I was able to start the car but now the noise is even worse and the car stalled with out moving it. I restarted the car and I was able to keep it running as long as I held the gas pedal but the noise is ridiculous. I was able to limp the car to a safe place but am puzzled. No check engine light (can I still get a diagnostic done?), everything in the car and the dash are normal and not out of place. Any suggestions? Please help.
Old 01-31-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: civic makes noise and stalls. NO check engine lights

Didn't you open the hood?

Is the oil empty?
Is the coolant empty?

Did the drive belt come off, get shredded, pulleys fell apart, tensioner pivot bolt broke off? Water pump pulley broke off?

Sounds like you need a tow truck at any rate.