Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2007 Sedan EX Hesitation

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
uni82 is an unknown quantity at this point
2007 Sedan EX Hesitation

Quick question, I have been searching for a little bit but came up empty. I have a 07 sedan EX. Bone stock with 140k miles. Yesterday I noticed that it sometime hesitates, stumbles, or jumps when accelerating. The only pattern I have noticed is when I throttle it between 25%-50% throttle. Doesn't happen any other time.

I thought it could have been moisture in the fuel. So I put some Heet with injector cleaner and filled her up. It didn't solve the problem.

I have been reading a bit online, possible the plugs/wires/coil? Fuel filter (where is that located)?

Has anyone else have this issue? It's not throwing any check engine lights or anything that would be different.

Thanks for the help in advanced!

-JD
Old 01-15-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2007 Sedan EX Hesitation

Single cylinder misfire (would you know one if it bit you?)?
Random and intermittent?
I'll SWAG at an ignition coil starting to go bad.

Unless you can get it to act up long enough to set the check engine light, you are going to be doing a lot of (possibly expensive) guesswork.

You could pull the plugs and inspect them for anything obvious that isn't right.... but if nothing is obvious, then you probably haven't found the problem.

Then stress test the coils, see how much spark each one can create consistently.
Old 01-16-2014
Registered!!

It does feel like a misfire. It isn't constant. If I were to give it a little extra throttle to pass someone, no skipping and normal power. Only happens at light throttle. Tomorrow, before I run some errands, I will check out the plugs and inspect the wires. A Tune up is something that I was going to do within the next 10k miles (150k). I thought it would have been bad gas, I'm going to run one more bottle of HEET and tank gas from another station to see if that was an issue. Thanks for the reply!
Old 01-17-2014
Registered!!

ezone,
I changed my plugs and that solved my problem. Once I hit 150K I will do a tune up (keep the plugs I just bought).

Thanks for your help I really appreciate it. I have another issue but might put it in another thread. Regarding my heat and my vents.

-JD