Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

NO START HONDA CIVIC 94 desperate need of help

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HIGROCK510 is an unknown quantity at this point
NO START HONDA CIVIC 94 desperate need of help

Hello my boyfriend and I have a 94 Honda civic dx, the car just wouldn't start one day, we have tried different things bought a new ignition module that go's in the distributor, replaced spark plugs & wires, cap & rotor, checked the timing belt and adjusted that because that was off, had the starter checked that was fine. The car at first would not start would take cap off mess with it than it would start last for a few days than than it just wouldn't start. It tries to start but wont turn over. After replacing the cap and rotor with put the old one's back on and it started, put as soon as you turn it off it wont start again for 20 minutes we keep trying it and just keeps trying to start than it starts. We took the hose off for fuel line going to the filter and there is not fuel coming out. So we are told its the fuel pump, but he did spray starter fluid in a hose that was connected near the air filter and it still didn't start. We are at a loss, we are being told its the fuel pump, I think distributor or something electrical. If anyone can give us any ideas. Something we over looked. Thanks for any advice
Old 09-28-2013
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light
Re: NO START HONDA CIVIC 94 desperate need of help

First off, this thread is better suited to the 1st-5th gen Civic section. That's why it's taking so long for any response!
OK, so the electricals at least turn on, right? If so, is the car throwing any engine codes at you? I don't know too much about OBD I unfortunately.
How far was the timing off? Do you think you could be dealing with any bent valves? That'll definitely cause a starting problem.
How's the fuel filte?