Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2009 Civic - Ran into small boulder

Old 08-10-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dunkindan is an unknown quantity at this point
2009 Civic - Ran into small boulder

Hi, new to the forums but I have a really quick question. I don't know much about cars but I own a 2009 honda civic lx. I was parking and accidentally ran into a small boulder. Smoke or steam came out of the front end and I saw some green anti freeze on the front spoiler body kit. I turned the car off and tried to check any leaks but didn't see anything. I had to drive the car about 10 miles back home and had no issues or maintenance lights whatsover. Everything seems ok as of now. I hit the rock in the front right bottom of the body. The bumper popped out of the brackets and i have the plastic pins which i will eventually place back in. Should I worry about this? I plan on taking the car to Honda to have the maintenance minder cleared in a few days anyways. Are there any tubes or something i just could of pushed out as an overflow? It seems that the radiatior and vital components are protected by the frame. Any help would be 1000% appreciated! I'm just nervous because I still owe $8900 on the car. Thanks! -Dan PS - I'm an idiot for running into the boulder
Old 08-11-2013
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: 2009 Civic - Ran into small boulder

open the radiator cap and check if there's coolant missing. naturally, do not do it with engine hot.