Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Bent axle Or frame on 98' civic! please help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MissMyCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Bent axle Or frame on 98' civic! please help!

A few days ago I took an icy corner a bit too quick(30KM/h) i slid at a 180 degree angle into the curb hitting and damaging my front and back end, back hit first and hit the hardest following with the front end, i was wondering if anybody has had the same problem as me, it appears to have a bent axle or frame im not sure, i really dont want to get rid of my car as I love it..
If you guys could give me an estimate on the cost and time to fix that would be awesome, thanks forumers

Adam./
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20121101_150620.jpg
Views:	460
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	84243  
Old 11-03-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bent axle Or frame on 98' civic! please help!

Go to a GOOD bodyshop that has frame equipment and someone that KNOWS how to operate it, see if they can pull it back into place and correct the alignment.
Maybe even reinforce it.
Yes, it needs pulled back into the correct place before wheel alignment can be checked and corrected.

Ask around at GOOD mechanic shops and see who they say is GOOD with body and frame work.
Around here, there are more than a couple that have the equipment to do the work, but it sure seems like only one shop has a person that is worth a damn (IMO) when it comes to frame pulls.