Testing Waters: 2002 Civic EX part out - Honda Civic Forum

Parts for Sale Here you can list your parts for sale

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 1 Week Ago   #1
Administrative Rice. WAT?!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud of
Testing Waters: 2002 Civic EX part out

Welp, I just pronounced Azumi dead today. I'm not happy, but after 15 years and 205k miles, it may be time to move on. She's been just about everywhere with me. She's seen lots of PNW rain, snow from the NE, humidity from the SE, Vegas desert heat, and everything in between. She will be missed.

In any case, I'm just gauging interest in anyone that would want parts off of her. In the case I do part her out, those who post up will get first dibs.

***Disclaimer***
Parts aren't for sale just yet. I'm gauging interest to see if people would be interested if I did a part out as opposed to letting a junk yard take her for like.. $300 bucks..
***Disclaimer***

Just an example of what would be on the table:
-Kamikazi ceramic coated header
-Fully assembled D17A2 head with Stage 1 cam. I am willing to part out the cam and the head, and the head would then come with an OEM D17A2 cam (assuming it's still in good condition. I coated it in assembly lube and stuffed it in a bag when I swapped it out).
-Random Tech downpipe and high flow cat. Did throw a P0420 code, but mechanical O2 simulator took care of that. Passed NV emissions no problem. Also has a wideband O2 sensor bung welded in. Willing to part out sensors. Otherwise downpipe would come with all 3 sensors.
-Modified gauge face. White face, blue/green illumination on the letters. Needles whited out during the day (you can still see them), illuminated blue at night. Trip reset button fixed and works like new. Has ~205xxx miles on the clock
-AEM V2 SRI with filter cover
-Fairly new HID retrofit. Morimoto mini d2s v1 projectors in OEM style headlights. LED rings mounted inside the shields, bezel painted EBP. Would include all bulbs and ballasts, & relay harness. Will part those out if need be. Bulbs are DDM tuning 6000k D2s. Ballasts are Morimoto ballasts. Turn signals are Morimoto xB switchbacks.
-Beat to **** Sparco Monza seats. Some sun staining. Driver's side has some ripping/foam missing at the left lumbar. Otherwise they're comfy as hell.
-Revo short shift assembly. Been on her for about 13 years. Would include aluminum shifter base bushings.
-Mugen Honda Fit spherical shift ****. Kinda beat up, but still pretty. I'll toss in the little leather cover I made for those hot af days.
-RSX 19mm rear sway bar with aftermarket endlinks. Comes with mounting brackets and bushings
-SPC rear camber kit
-If you want my Tein SS-P coilovers, they'd be available, but they have roughly.. 160k on them. Also had a slight clunk in the front end. Dunno if that's strut related or elsewhere. Could never find the source.
-Neuspeed front upper strut bar
-Neuspeed front lower x-brace
-LCAs would be available. Maybe 50k on them, ES bushings installed and zerk fittings for lubing them up
-Beat to hell Buddy Club P1 Racing SF rims. Curb rash, back 2 prolly need new tires. All 4 have center caps. Oh, and one of them is a 16x7, while the other 3 are 17x7s. Been running on my "full sized spare" for a while. Without rubber, the 17's weigh 17.5lbs a piece. Great if you don't care about up-close cosmetics. You can always get them refinished.
-04-05 tail lights. Will include bulbs in them. Will also toss in a couple of make pigtails for those that wish to install them on 01-03's
-Rear disc conversion. Will include e-brake lines.
-Car audio stuff: Alpine iDA-x100 head unit. Fiberglass box with an Alpine-R 10" sub that sits in the back driver's side corner of the trunk. Alpine PDX 1.600 amp (600W peak, 400W RMS, autoregulates whether you're rocking a 2 or 4ohm sub setup). Alpine PDX 4.100 amp. Alpine SPR-17C 6.5" speakers for the front. Infinity Reference 9623i 6.9s for the back (will not clear trunk springs. will need to remove or convert to trunk shocks). Alpine PXA-H100 imprint unit. Alpine KCE-236B Aux Input. Monster 1F Cap.
-Koyo Racing Radiator.
-10" Slim fans. Plug and play. Will include brackets I made for them, ad well as the bracket I made for the coolant overflow.

Lots more on my car, those are the ones I could think of at the moment. Any stock components would likely be available, too.
xRiCeBoYx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #2
pleasure spiked with pain

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Testing Waters: 2002 Civic EX part out

Oh no! What happened to the old girl Josh? She has been through a lot!!
GolNat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #3
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud of

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...-gasket-2.html

Cliff's notes: Coolant leak. Started exploratory surgery, pulled dipstick and saw chocolate milkshake. Drove to dealership and bought head gasket kit. Pulled head, valves, cam, and rocker assembly to milled head I had laying around. Pulled pan and cleaned all the milkshake gunk from pan, crank, and oil pickup. Went to reinstall head, block stripped out during first rounds of torque on 3 of the 10 head studs. Threw a hail mary, and fixed the threads with helicoils as well as 2 more questionable holes. Went to torque, all 10 survived round 1. During round 2, 2 of the repaired holes stripped out from the block and 1 non-altered hole stripped out. Rage ensued. As did sadness.
Old 1 Week Ago   #4
Registered!!

dsm482 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am interested in some performance parts.. it all depends on price..
my car is old, but never hurts having more go for few$$$.
dsm482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #5
Administrator

Duly noted. I'll let you know what I may have for sale.

For sure that I can let go:

-My newly retrofitted headlights. I'm gonna swap in the shitty old ones when I let her go.
-03-05 Instrument cluster with ~24k miles on it. Bought it with the intention of doing a cluster swap, but never got around to it. It's been sitting in my closet at my dad's house for... years.
-Random turbo goodies:
-GReddy full auto timer (turbo timer)
-Buddy Club Secu-Timer, Never installed, box has seen better days (another turbo timer)
-GReddy Profec Type-S Boost Controller
-T3 turbo rebuild kit (o-rings, gaskets, hardware, etc)
-AEM F/IC-6 w/ Boomslang PnP harness
-RSX injectors
-Garrett T3 Super 60 (needs an outlet flange, I'll throw in the manifold if the price is right. lol)
-Synapse Missing Link (Map Sensor Check Valve)
-Blitz BOV
-A full set of ignition coils (these are $50/ea new!)
-Engine bay fuse box cover
-Muteki black open-ended spline lug nuts with key
-Mugen 1.3BAR radiator cap (lightly used)
-MTEC H1 halogen bulbs - 3300K color temp, standard 55W bulbs
-TheRetrofitSource Morimoto 5Five 55W D2S ballasts (~5000 hours of use on them)
-OEM battery tie down
-Stereo wiring harness
-Hayame hood pins (silver)
-OEM EM2 rear deck 3rd brake light with bulb socket

That's all I can think of off the top of my head at the moment. If you're interested in the above, lemme know, and I'll try and gather pics and a price for you

Last edited by xRiCeBoYx; 2 Days Ago at 06:06 PM. Reason: Cam. Is. Outta. Here!
Old 1 Week Ago   #6
GOT SAND?

Dooner is an unknown quantity at this point

If you do decide to part it out, I'd like dibs on a section of the front driver's side turn signal wiring. Odd request, I know. Long story, short:

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2...t-working.html
Dooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #7
Registered!!

robfarr56 is just really nicerobfarr56 is just really nicerobfarr56 is just really nicerobfarr56 is just really nice

Sounds like it would be great to buy for an accessory-donor car!
robfarr56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #8
Registered!!

dsm482 is an unknown quantity at this point

how about the exhaust,? headers? did you get check engine light?

in nys it has to be off...

how about complete cylingder head? mine is non vtec, is yours vtec?

shipping is going to be a killer, since am in NYS
dsm482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #9
Administrator

I'm holding off on things I only have one of at the moment because I had slight interest by 2 people to buy it as a rolling chassis that needs an engine. Buddy of mine I served in the Navy with said he's tempted to buy it to turn her into a track car. Also, a coworker of mine toyed with the notion of getting her son to buy it as a cost-efficient project car (16 year old kid that likes being a grease monkey).

If I end up parting out, yeah, shipping would be a bitch for big items, but she has a full header-back exhaust system. This is what that entails:
-Kamikaze ceramic coated header
-Random Technologies high flow catalytic converter (2.25" piping with a 2.5" flared inlet)
-A'PEXi World Sport II cat-back exhaust

She did throw a CEL for the cat after some time, but I installed a mechanical O2 simulator, and she's passed (NV state) smog checks with no issues. The downpipe also has 3-O2 sensor bungs. Standard pre-cat and post-cat sensors, as well as a third about 8" from the downpipe inlet for a wideband O2 sensor (AFR gauge)

I have a complete VTEC cylinder head on the damaged block right now. The head is one of those things I'd have to evaluate of whether or not a prospective buyer would want as part of the car, or if they'd rather buy a long block to drop in. I'll let you know, and keep y'all posted.

I've shipped stuff from upstate NY when I was moving, and back in 2005 dollars, a 30 pound box cost me about $30 to ship. Giant boxes like one that would house an exhaust system would likely be more. The head being fully assembled would likely cost $30 or so to ship
Old 2 Days Ago   #10
Administrator

Stage 1 Cam already has dibs called on it, so that's off the market.
Old 1 Day Ago   #11
Super Moderator

sdaidoji is a splendid one to beholdsdaidoji is a splendid one to beholdsdaidoji is a splendid one to beholdsdaidoji is a splendid one to beholdsdaidoji is a splendid one to beholdsdaidoji is a splendid one to beholdsdaidoji is a splendid one to beholdsdaidoji is a splendid one to beholdsdaidoji is a splendid one to beholdsdaidoji is a splendid one to beholdsdaidoji is a splendid one to behold

g'lucky!

if the rear brakes were not so big, I would dib for it
sdaidoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Day Ago   #12
Administrator

appreciated sandro. I'm not quite doing a full part out as of yet. I don't want to have a non-operational car sitting in my dad's driveway for too long. I'm surprised he hasn't been bitching to me about it yet.

One of my coworkers is gonna pass pics and info to a friend of hers (part of a local Honda racing club) to see if he'd want a project racecar
Old 7 Hours Ago   #13
Super Moderator

sdaidoji is a splendid one to beholdsdaidoji is a splendid one to beholdsdaidoji is a splendid one to beholdsdaidoji is a splendid one to beholdsdaidoji is a splendid one to beholdsdaidoji is a splendid one to beholdsdaidoji is a splendid one to beholdsdaidoji is a splendid one to beholdsdaidoji is a splendid one to beholdsdaidoji is a splendid one to beholdsdaidoji is a splendid one to behold

of course, anything that you have that would not work in a project car (that will see a new engine) would be up for grabs, like the stage 1 crower cam

if race car, a lot more parts
sdaidoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Hours Ago   #14
Administrator

cam's already been claimed. lol.

If my coworker's friend wants Azumi, then I'm gonna ask if he's gonna k-swap or not. If he is, I'm keeping the header and intake then listing them.
Old 2 Hours Ago   #15
Administrator

Almost forgot, my recent morimoto mini d2s retro is available. I can always swap the shitty old ones in if someone wants the new retro

edit: nevermind, I'm dumb. They're already listed.