air conditioner compressor - Honda Civic Forum

Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-03-2015   #1  
Registered!!

fabfive16 is an unknown quantity at this point
air conditioner compressor

I was driving with the ac on when I noticed it was getting colder and colder. So I shut off the ac but it stayed very cold. So I looked under the hood and noticed that even though the ac was off the clutch was still engaged. It got so cold inside even with the fan off that I had to pull #20 fuze which said ms clutch. Now does anyone know what I need to do. Pulling the fuze released the clutch. So is it a bad relay or a short in the wiring.
Thank you

PS If it is the relay where is it located. The manual only lists the fuses not the relays.
fabfive16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015   #2  
Allow me to explain through interpretive dance

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: air conditioner compressor

Care to share what kind of car you have?

Clutch relay is probably stuck on. There is an updated/improved relay available.
ezone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015   #3  
Registered!!

fabfive16 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezone View Post
Care to share what kind of car you have?

Clutch relay is probably stuck on. There is an updated/improved relay available.
2008 Honda CRV.
fabfive16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015   #4  
Allow me to explain through interpretive dance

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

On a Civic forum, nice.

Replace the clutch relay..

Relay position #12 in the pic here (CRV and Civic share a lot of parts)

Ask your dealer parts department for Honda part number 39794-SDA-A05.

Original failure prone relay brand is OMRON
Updated relay brand is MITSUBA

HTH
ezone is online now   Reply With Quote