Rear Defroster Button Missing - Honda Civic Forum

Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-16-2014   #1
Registered!!

NeoSi is an unknown quantity at this point
Rear Defroster Button Missing

Recently got a 2004 Si and the rear defroster button is missing. What is there is a small lightbulb. I need to get that returned to a button. I'm assuming that taking the shift boot off and the panel will give me access to it. I'm just wondering what was there and why? The guys where I got the car had no idea. There is a small cord coming out of the lower ceter concole and it's some sort of an aux plug. Fits into the headphone jak of a smart phone.

Can someone tell me what to do to get this back to the way it was? Curious as to what he had there before I got the car.
NeoSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014   #2
Where's that music coming from?

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rear Defroster Button Missing

If you still have the stock radio then there may be an adapter for the aux jack wired in or connected in the radio harness. You'd have to follow the wires and find out.

Defrost button, got pics?
ezone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014   #3

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like you can buy the individual buttons if that's what you are missing.

Linky: http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...HEATER+CONTROL
Old 04-16-2014   #4
Registered!!

NeoSi is an unknown quantity at this point

This is a different car but shows the button. The hazzard is the red button...what is the button on the right for? It's a small bulb. Apparently the owner before me had something on this car that would make that small bulb light up. I just don't know what it could have been. Why in the hell would someone get rid of the rear defroster?

NeoSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014   #5

Quote:
The hazzard is the red button...what is the button on the right for?
I believe it is just a blank, from the factory.
(The hazard button would probably go there if the car was right hand drive.)

If someone put something there, you'd have to trace the wires to see where they go.

The rear defogger button should be immediately to the right of the AC button, below the radio box.