Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

bluetooth operation

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
italy1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question bluetooth operation

hi: I just purchased the 2013 civic ex- l which I love!!
I have connected my cell phone (Bluetooth link) and is working well.
Does anyone know if I can dial the selected party by using buttons on the steering wheel?
If I enter the selected party by using the select radio button I need to take my hand off the wheel.
Thanks for any help
italy1
Old 09-04-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: bluetooth operation

What does the owners manual say about it?
Old 09-04-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
italy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ezone
Thanks for the reply. Yes I did read the manual' the selected party can be dialed via voice tag (it works.) I was wondering if there is any other way to actually dial but I realize that probably there will not be too many options since it would not be safe to dial and drive at the same time
Old 09-04-2013
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Oh, that thing with the pages in it that's in my glove box!

If its the same system Acura uses then yes you should. I read about it in my wife's TL manual, but don't remember how.

Voice tagging is how hers works.
Old 09-04-2013

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, even though I work for a dealer, I have never tried to use anything bluetooth on any of the cars (other than a function check). I sure don't want to mess up a customers' settings or anything.

I don't own a compatible smartphone, and my '12LX is not equipped with bluetooth.
Old 09-04-2013

Originally Posted by GolNat
Oh, that thing with the pages in it that's in my glove box!
Seems like for most people it's on top of the dresser at home.....along with the wheel lock key I need.
Old 09-04-2013
Prelude Owner

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Seems like for most people it's on top of the dresser at home.....along with the wheel lock key I need.
Lol, good place for them. Especially the wheel lock! Not going to need that unless your doing something to the car. Maybe its safer not in the car.
Old 09-04-2013

I've threatened to make the writers at work wear t-shirts that say

"WHERE (in tha fuq) IS YOUR WHEEL LOCK KEY?"

Some days, a freekin head of lettuce has more brainpower.....
Old 09-04-2013
Prelude Owner

Lmao, that would be great to walk into a dealer and see that!