Wiring help, no heat or AC - Honda Civic Forum

Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-19-2013   #1  
Registered!!

civichic2011 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wiring help, no heat or AC

My car was broken into and my system was stolen. The thief cut out my entire center console and took it with him to take my head unit. Doing so he pulled 2 of the 4 center dash connectors out and cut the rest of the wires on the wiring harness at a spot back in the dash so that I had to buy a new harness. I have bought a used center dash to replace mine and the harness. All of the wires have been soldered and the new radio works, the lights for the center dash work, my hazards and turn signals too (including the hazard light which I didn't even know lit up it had been so long) but I am not getting anything to happen when I try to use my defrost, ac, or any of the heater control *****. Nothing kicks on at all. All of the fuses are good but I am not sure how to check the wires or the dash to try to pinpoint the problem. It's getting in the eighties here and the all black interior is melting me since heat still comes out of the floor boards and I have no way to turn on the air. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

It's an 03 LX if that helps.

Last edited by civichic2011; 06-19-2013 at 01:58 PM. Reason: add year
civichic2011 is offline   Reply With Quote