Radio Lock Code - 2005 Civic EX Special Edition - Honda Civic Forum

Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-24-2012   #1  
My favorite TV shows are JDM. My Honda isn't...

krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough
Radio Lock Code - 2005 Civic EX Special Edition

I recently did an ECU reset by unplugging my battery overnight after installing an intake and of course the electronic features of the car will need to be reset too. I ran into a problem however with my stereo's anti-theft device. I've searched online for hours trying to find ways to access my radio's serial number, but to no avail. I do not have the code card because it is a used car and the previous owner lost it as well as the original manual.

My car does not have a security code sticker in the glove box or the fuse box lid as many have said. Using the method of simultaneously pressing 1 and 6 on the radio is not displaying the serial number either. I am wondering if this is only because I have an SE Civic with the 6-disc/MP3 stereo system and it does not operate the same as other Honda anti-theft equipped stereos. I want to avoid removing the stereo if at all possible and I'd rather do this without having to contact a dealer. (My local dealer has always been troublesome and gives very poor service)

If anyone is experienced with radio codes in a 2005 Special Edition, please help! I'd appreciate even some more hints on where the code could be hidden on my car (though I doubt it has one).

Thanks in advance!
krudmuphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012   #2  

krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough
Re: Radio Lock Code - 2005 Civic EX Special Edition

Mind if I bump this thread? Thanks
Old 03-25-2012   #3  
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

It sounds like your only option is to contact the dealership unfortunately.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
It sounds like your only option is to contact the dealership unfortunately.
I figured that would be the only option. Thanks anyway :P