Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

Blinker Switch Missing?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1986HondaCRX is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Blinker Switch Missing?

EDITED: There obviously wasn't enough information, so I put some more up!

Okay well, I bought this 1986 1.5L CRX a month or two ago and it's missing the blinker switch assembly, seems like it was ripped, or taken out. I'm not sure. So, he gave me a 3-end connected wire cable. That I plug into this white box thing I pulled out of the steering column that seems to have Eight different slots of input, and a wires connecting into the column somewhere.

So, instead of paying $160 for a new turn signal switch, I'm thinking about making one with a 3-way-toggle switch? On/Off/On And a flasher Relay.

I have a diagram I horribly drew out on microsoft paint with a laptop. So may need to zoom into it. But, could someone help me get this to work? If I just connect wires into it, and connect it to the toggle, it will just most likely turn the signal lights on, and not blink, just the right/left side on. And I really don't want to flip it back and forth to simulate lol.

Any suggestions? Anyone that knows how to fix cheap, or finish the wiring diagram?

-Note: All the other open holes in the white-box-thing I do not know what they do really.

::Link to Diagram::
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...ardiagram.png/

EDIT: In the Diagram, when I connect those three things that it's already connected to, it turns on dash lights, headlights, parking lights, and I think brake lights(or possibly brake lights just work by themselves, can't remember)
which I use for driving.

Last edited by 1986HondaCRX; 12-20-2011 at 06:38 PM.