Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

Thieves stole my nav system & fan/AC console; now indicator lights won't work

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
douglasio is an unknown quantity at this point
Thieves stole my nav system & fan/AC console; now indicator lights won't work

I'm not too torn up about the nav system; it was broken anyway. Joke's on them. However, they made off with the AC/fan/vent/hazard light assembly. I like being able to have air conditioning in Los Angeles. Now, my turn signals won't work. I know most LA drivers don't use indicator lights anyway, but I'm part of a small, law-abiding, upstanding faction of users who do.

I check both the turn signal and the radio/accessory fuses, to no avail. I searched through these forums but couldn't find an answer.

Please help me figure this out guys! I have to drive through the busiest highway interchange in the united states tomorrow morning; I'd rather not have to resort to bicycle hand signals...

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-25-2010
Registered!!

mrplow123456 will become famous soon enoughmrplow123456 will become famous soon enough
Re: Thieves stole my nav system & fan/AC console; now indicator lights won't work

You really need to be more specific with your details. Nowadays, everyone is getting aftermarket navigation radios and such. Also, you haven't given a year or a description of your car or the damage other then the stolen parts. Most likely they just ripped out the stuff and pulled wires. You will have to trace the wires individually back to wherever they go and test the stuff. This may include relays, modules, ecu, or other circuitry. I can help you along with the procedure, but I need more information.
Old 06-26-2010
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Thieves stole my nav system & fan/AC console; now indicator lights won't work

If the wiring & connector for the hazard button is not in place on the hazard switch it will keep your turn signals from functioning.

If the plug & wires are o.k. you can get a new switch and plug it in.
Old 07-05-2010
Registered!!

magicsound69 is an unknown quantity at this point

get a new or used hazard light assembly and plug it in and u should b good if they dint mess up the harness