Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

New stereo - where to run yellow wire?

Old 06-03-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anthrodoc is an unknown quantity at this point
New stereo - where to run yellow wire?

On my 1997 Civic LX I'm replacing one after market radio with another. The new one (a Clarion) has a large yellow wire with a 15 amp fuse that is to be connected directly to the battery. (This is different than the other smaller yellow wire that fits the adapter plug and has already been taken care of.) The older after market radio didn't have this extra large wire.
What's the most elegant way to do this? Is there an existing wire in the fuse box that I could tap into that would establish this direct connection to the battery?
Any advice or help is much appreciated.

John
Old 06-04-2009
Registered!!

bigaudiofanatic is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: New stereo - where to run yellow wire?

Find a grommet that is either blank or that has something in it and feed the wire there that place. Unless this is a rely big head unit like one that is for going active or one that has a external power source.That is what I would do if you need more help let me know.
Old 06-05-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

use the large yellow wire. its there to provide the deck with the needed power that the thin stock harness cannot.
Old 06-05-2009
Registered!!

BJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of light

and make sure you do connect it directly to the battery. It will be worth it, cleaner sound. Doesnt hurt to run your head unit ground directly to the battery also.