Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

Need help with gas light

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009
Delightfully tacky. Yet unrefined

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
m3gach33zy is an unknown quantity at this point
Need help with gas light

Hey guys, I did my cluster swap several months back and after I had finished it my gas light doesn't work. I know for a fact that the guage works because I had tested the cluster in someone elses car and it works fine. My wiring was checked by someone who had already done it and nothing was wrong. The only thing that I can figure is that when I was trying to de pin the thing I was a little rough with it but I eventually got it and had no problem. I've tried talking to andyman about it a while ago but he wasn't really sure what to. Honder believed it to be something wrong with my fuel pump but we didn't really get a straight answer. I talked to my honda dealer and they told me they want to charge a ridiculous amount of money to just see what's wrong with it and then more to fix it. So if anyone has any idea on where I can start looking for answers it'd be much appreciated .
Old 03-25-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Need help with gas light

just double check the wires again. for the fuel gauge to work, the BLU wire from the ecu must be connected to the proper position on the harness, and then also the YEL/BLK wire from the harness to the fuel sending unit. the BLU wire should be in the green connector, and the YEL/BLK in the blue connector.

Old 03-25-2009
Delightfully tacky. Yet unrefined

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
m3gach33zy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Need help with gas light

Thanks for the different charts gearbox. I'll double check them again on how this set up is. I was using the charts from the one on the DIY and everything works fine but the damn gas guage. I had Honder check it for me and everything but hopefully this'll work.