Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

In Car Entertainment Help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
abelmonte is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile In Car Entertainment Help!

Hey, I drive long distances on the regualar. Usually about every 2 weeks I drive home from school about 3 hours. What kind of head-units are really good? Im looking at some pioneers that have bluetooth, Hd, Sattiliete GPS, and iPod features built in. Any advice on how you guys enjoy your radio would be appreciated.

P.s. What other mods do you put in your car around the steering wheel do you enjoy? TVs? L.e.d.s?
always appreciated!!
Old 04-02-2009
Registered!!

mrplow123456 will become famous soon enoughmrplow123456 will become famous soon enough
Re: In Car Entertainment Help!

I am a huge fan of Alpine everything. Only problem, all the addons are about 200 dollars each. How important is it to have hd radio/sat radio? For the sat, you need a subscription to it. I have a CDA 9886 from Alpine and it came with an ipod hook up a USB hook up and mp3 capabilities. The other features usually aren't paired with a headunit as it jacks up the price, but there are some no name brand HU's out there that have them. Also for driving, in most states, it is illegal to have any leds or tvs on. While driving I would just going with a sound system as it would help you enjoy the ride the most without distractions. If you want any more advice please ask.
Old 04-02-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

having tried several other brands, i would have to say nothing comes close to alpine sound quality (even their cheap decks are good).
Old 04-02-2009
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Just to throw it out there, I put a computer in my car with a touchscreen to control it. Easier that way, you can just add PCI cards for anything you want for $20 each.....radio, HD radio, HD television (ATSC), Sirius, XM.....it goes on. And a USB GPS receiver is about $30.

Just didn't know if you considered it, it's not for everyone.