El Gauges Dim - Honda Civic Forum

Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-17-2008   #1
Registered!!

cdanimatrix is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation El Gauges Dim

I installed reverse gauges about two months ago and last night while driving they became dim. The brightness control doesnt work and it only becomes bright when turned on then dim down again..?!
cdanimatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008   #2
Registered!!

ONE7thREBUILT has a spectacular aura aboutONE7thREBUILT has a spectacular aura about
Re: El Gauges Dim

Wire backwards a lot, do you?
ONE7thREBUILT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008   #3
Registered!!

all i did was tap into the power and ground..wat would be backwards?
Old 05-18-2008   #4
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

did you choose a good ground? the shop that did mine put it somewhere stupid so they would dim and flicker all the time. finally i moved the ground wire to an actual ground on the car body (no painted surfaces) and it worked fine.
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008   #5
Registered!!

Thumbs down Re: El Gauges Dim

I redid all wiring and moved the ground to the screw holding the dash panel. Everything worked fine again for a day then went back to the same thing when i turned it on the day after.
Old 05-23-2008   #6
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

thats not a proper ground!! its where the shop put mine when they did it and caused the flickering. you have to move it so its directly touching the metal car body. sand off the paint too before screwing it on.
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote