question about reverse polarity - Honda Civic Forum

Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-08-2007   #1  
Registered!!

jrock will become famous soon enoughjrock will become famous soon enough
question about reverse polarity

ok here is a good one....my head unit Pioneer Premier DEH-P760MP has a setting to reverse the subwoffer. Now does that just change some type of sound setting or does it eliminate the need to reverse the polarity of the sub if installing it in that manner. I just ordered my alpine type r, cant anyone tell me if there is a reason why I should or should not mount it inverted. I there an advantage or should I just put her in with the magnet inside?

thanks in advance!
Jeremy
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007   #2  
Registered!!

Re: question about reverse polarity

anyone out there?....
Old 11-09-2007   #3  
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of

your correct its so you dont have to install your sub "inside out"...

its almost pointless in my opinion...

just install it "inside" some autiobahns have cool desighns that people like to show off this is probily the only benifit for that option...

I love my audiobahn!!
02BLKCIVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007   #4  
Registered!!

I am still confused, so do Ihave to change the polarity AND adjust it on the head unit...or does the setting allow me to adjust it without reversing the wires.....
I had 3 audiobahns...blew them all with my beastly amp......
Guess I should install the type r the old fashioned way since there is no pros to inverting it
Old 11-09-2007   #5  

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of

your correct again the setting allows you to adjust it without reversing the wires...

in other words your sub will be pushing inword or in reverse insted of outwords like it should...

again its useless in my opinion

Last edited by 02BLKCIVIC; 11-09-2007 at 05:45 PM.
Old 11-09-2007   #6  
Registered!!

ok....well now that I have a more difinitive answer on it being uselss...I will install it the proper way!
Old 11-10-2007   #7  
Registered!!

christmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of light

Try it both ways (0 or 180 degrees). If it sounds "louder" or "better" on one of the settings and not the other, go with it.
christmaspie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #8  

there you go thats sound advice^ (no pun intended)
Old 11-12-2007   #9  
Registered!!

agreed