Data Logging - Honda Civic Forum

Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-11-2007   #1  
Registered!!

dfminc is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Data Logging

I am interested in interfacing my laptop with the car's OBDII to data log. I figure my driving skills need more work than any other part of the car so I want to use the data to improve my driving. My question is what sensors does our car have. I would assume I could get vehicle speed, throttle position, and rpm of OBDII, but what about brake pressure and steering angle? Thanks for your help!
dfminc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007   #2  
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Data Logging

There is a multi-function gauge that interfaces through the OBD port, really nice with a lot of features. A buddy of mine at work has one. I'll ask him which one it is and link you to it. Don't know about brake pressure and steering angle, BP maybe as there are sensors for that, but steering angle? I don't know.
speedfoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007   #3  
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Here it is. It's currently only for GM vehicles, but they said they should have one out for imports by December. Having seen this gauge in person, it's very nice.

http://www.aeroforcetech.com/
speedfoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007   #4  
Registered!!

Interesting. I haven't seen those before. Good link!
Old 09-12-2007   #5  
Registered!!

Anyone know if there is a brake pressure or steering angle sensor?
Old 09-12-2007   #6  
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

An OBD scanner will read the ECU parameters.
To read brake pressure and steering angle, you're gonna need a Motec or something fancy like that and you'll have to add sensors.
The car doesnt have brake sensors or steering sensors because it doesnt have a feedback system for either.
Boilermaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007   #7  
Registered!!

Too bad, no budget data logging for me. Thanks for the help.