Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

Sorry for another thread, but I finally did it!!! :-)

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lesclaypool is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Sorry for another thread, but I finally did it!!! :-)

Okay, So the weekend is over, and I currently have no needs for cds ever again.... I installed the 80 gig hard drive in my car, and i can scroll through them all with my cd deck.... I'm uploading all my songs right now.... I tried it earlier though with just 1 song, and it worked perfect.... best part is, it's all 256 kbps encoded.... so its cd quality....

also, the usb adapter can only handle 15,000 songs at a time, which happend to work out perfectly since my whole music collection is 71 gigs, 15,048 songs..... I got rid of the 50 songs for it to fit, cuz i didn't like those bands anyways... just some random stuff i had.... anyways, when i get more music, and i will.... i just need another 80 gig hard drive to keep in my glove box, and just switch it when i need to.....

Much easier than switching cds aye?

also, random is a nice feature
Old 06-17-2007
Registered!!

Stearic is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Sorry for another thread, but I finally did it!!! :-)

How about some pics of your setup?
Old 06-17-2007
Registered!!

Syke Fu will become famous soon enough

Yeah... pics would be nice.
Old 06-17-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

glad 2 see it worked and that u went with the 80g hd. Did you hard mount the drive or is it just laying in the glove box or some thing. Also did you get the one off of newegg or was it a diff?
Old 06-17-2007
Registered!!

Like i said, right now it is really ghetto, so I'm gonna wait till next weekend probably until i get the new insert... i have it really oddly inserted since everythings all weird, but it works for now.... i have the usb adapter and the 80 gig hard drive in the glove box, and i have Velcro for both so it looks all nice.... i'm not sure yet if i want the glove box to be the final placing of both the usb and hard drive.... only the hard drive needs to be accessible, so I'm not sure as of this second of where they will go, but don't worry, I'll have pi cs soon enough
Old 06-17-2007
Registered!!

1nahalf5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Pics or it didn't happen.
Old 06-17-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

Originally Posted by 1nahalf5
Pics or it didn't happen.
lol truth
Old 06-18-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

I don't know why this is so hard to believe. All he did is plug a USB 80 gig hd in to the USB port on the radio. It is nothing big. Anyone with a USB HU can do this.
Old 06-18-2007
Administrator
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute

Old 06-18-2007
Registered!!

dude you gotta wait till this weekend... my cameras at my moms house, i dont know where the usb is for it, probably my moms house, and i have to do a bunch of stuff i can't do as I am relaxing right now.... 67 hours of work a week sorta ruins ur life, and working when you get off work sort of defeats the whole relaxing part

Originally Posted by electric130
Old 06-18-2007
Administrator
Administrator

electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lesclaypool
67 hours of work a week sorta ruins ur life, and working when you get off work sort of defeats the whole relaxing part
you're preachin to the choir. i worked 74 hours last week on the other side of the country from home. when i get home, relaxing for me will be doing projects around the house. working on the car, landscaping, remodeling, etc. that' what i call relaxing. not sitting on your ***.
Old 06-18-2007
Registered!!

^^^ I agree 100% I put in 50+ HRs at my "Day Job" then atleast another 30 for my business. I also have to find time for the wife and what not.
Old 06-22-2007
Registered!!

Stearic is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, it's been awhile. Where are the pics? lol
Old 06-23-2007
Registered!!

Its the weekend now, but like I said, I still need to get my camera which is at my moms house.... I'll probably stop by today after i go to get a pizza at my old work, which is near the house......

By the way, I also re-worked it to make it look less ghetto... It's still sitting in the factory frame, which looks bad, but instead of having both the USB adapter and the hard drive in the glove box (which took up basically all the room), I put the USB adapter on the left front of the passenger foot space.... The hard drive is still in the glove box, and both of them have velcro keeping them in place.... I used the carpet as the soft velcro reciever since it works well in getting caught with the hard stuff.....(hopefully that makes sense)

anywho, it was a fun experiance contorting my hands and fingers to reach the wires from the glove box through the cig. lighter spot..... no wires are seen, so yay for me

Originally Posted by Stearic
Ok, it's been awhile. Where are the pics? lol
Old 06-25-2007
Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by Lesclaypool
Its the weekend now, but like I said, I still need to get my camera which is at my moms house.... I'll probably stop by today after i go to get a pizza at my old work, which is near the house......

anywho, it was a fun experiance contorting my hands and fingers to reach the wires from the glove box through the cig. lighter spot..... no wires are seen, so yay for me
yet again.......

i'm gonna lock this thread if you don't start posting pics j/k but you said "today" 2 days ago.
Old 06-25-2007
Registered!!

hahah i know it's been forever... i know i promised the weekend, but like i said my camera is at my moms, and over the weekend my family was in the huge fight which disabled me from going home(until things calmed down.... but i should go get it tomorrow since i sorta need my checks over there

Originally Posted by electric130
yet again.......

i'm gonna lock this thread if you don't start posting pics j/k but you said "today" 2 days ago.
Old 07-01-2007
Registered!!

Okay so I know it seems like I really didn't do this all, but I did, and just have been extra busier than the previous week... I had some relationship problems with get this, my ex.... and my brothers having a baby, getting married, i have to figure out classes before the 16th of july to sign up for as to not intefere with my 60 hour a week job....

it's been real tough on me and I want to have the time for 2 minutes to just walk outside and take the pictures..... but yeah i'll try to do it tomorrow since my ex doesnt wanna hang out, and instead wanted to like redump me? wtf!?

anyways, i dont give a f*** and just am glad she's finally outa the way.... girls suck and ya, anyways, i'll take em tomorrow... so wait one more day... haha
Old 07-02-2007
Registered!!

Syke Fu will become famous soon enough

Hey! How bout those pics??
Old 07-03-2007
Registered!!

chkolny will become famous soon enoughchkolny will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Alpha 5
I don't know why this is so hard to believe. All he did is plug a USB 80 gig hd in to the USB port on the radio. It is nothing big. Anyone with a USB HU can do this.

was anyone is this thread like "ZOMG HOW DID YOU DO IT! FTW I CANT BELIEVE IT, HOWD HE DO IT!"?, cuz i didnt read any comments like that.
Old 07-04-2007
Administrator
Administrator

lesclaypool, don't even bother posting excuses. either post pics or don't post at all. you come here with some more lame *** excuses about you sitting on your *** "relaxing" and i'm gonna lock this thread.