Spoiler light now working!?!?!?! - Honda Civic Forum

Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-23-2007   #1  
Registered!!

disflipkevc702 is an unknown quantity at this point
Spoiler light now working!?!?!?!

i was installing an amp and messing around with the wires in the trunk i guess, and next thing i knew, my spoiler light isn't working!?!?! i was looking for loose wires in the trunk and i found a wire with some plastic covering it, on the right side of the trunk attached to the right side metal support for the trunk... is that it? because it looked like it should be connected to something... or is there a fuse somewhere?
disflipkevc702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007   #2  
Registered!!

Taffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant future
Hmmm that's weird, because you shouldn't even be near those wires if you were installing an amp. Your spoiler light should be connected with your third brake light, so make sure those are working also. Unwrap the black wire loom around the wires leading up to the spoiler light and make that none of the wire is cut or stripped, causing a short.

Good Luck
Taffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007   #3  
Registered!!

which wire is the spoiler light?
Old 01-24-2007   #4  
30 Years Driving Japanese Autos

CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
The OEM spoilers wiring goes into the top of the trunk on the passenger side mount. It uses the channels formed by the re-enforcement/support frame. It should come out near the passenger side hinge, (2 sets of wires in black plastic loom) It will then work its way to near center where the bulb used to be for the 3rd brake light in the back glass. A connection is made there that lights the spoilers circuit.

There will only be 2 wires in the one for the brake lights.
CraigW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007   #5  
Registered!!

i see, becuz the wire that was loose on mine was a wire with a gold terminal and a black plastic thing from one wire.. and it came loose to the right side of the trunk , not near the brake light or anything..