Notices
Wheels and Tires Post your wheel and tire related questions here.

Extreme newb question about getting new wheels

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
curtner is an unknown quantity at this point
Extreme newb question about getting new wheels

Sorry if this isn't even in the right section, but I've been doing some reading around and haven't really been able to find any answers. That's probably because my questions are stupid basic to a car whiz, which I am definitely not. I know how to change my own oil and that's about it.

I recently bought a black 2001 Civic Coupe EX. It still has factory wheels and tires are completely hideous. I'm in the market for something new, but I am clueless as to what to look for compatability wise. I don't want to get something that won't fit or might rub.

Here is something I'm looking at. I want black, gun metal, or something dark. I don't want something too crazy. I like simple, classy designs.

So here are my questions:
What do I have to know about my car before buying new wheels and tires?
Where can I find the information?
Or if someone can guide me in the right direction to ask such silly questions I can make sure I'm asking the right people.

Thank you for any help
Old 10-07-2009
Registered!!

dcKaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Extreme newb question about getting new wheels

this site seems to help me the most. http://www.wheelfire.com/ If you go with there stock specs on your car you wont be rubbing unless you go 18"+ I'd imagine
Old 10-07-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

for 2001 civic, you want the 4x100 bolt pattern. alot of universal wheels tho are cheaply made and will not be perfectly round or balanced. so you may have vibration on the highway. you can try the hub centering rings, but the dont always work. only oem wheels are hub matched specifically to the car. also you need "tuner" lug nuts because the stock ones wont fit.
Old 10-28-2009
Registered!!

WillyR is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know why you wouldn't go with the site you got that rim from..http://www.wheelmax.com/

Don't they give you the specs there? I think they have F.A.Q. there I'm not sure o.o