Notices
Wheels and Tires Post your wheel and tire related questions here.

Ray's Engineering Video, Amazing stuff...

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute
Ray's Engineering Video, Amazing stuff...

(Don't know if it's been posted/if anyone has seen it before)

I was checking out the Gram Lights website, and stumbled upon the video section of the site...

You can watch clips of how they make their wheels, and what JWL+R means. And why they do some of the things they do. I was just completely fascinated with the entire video. One funny part, they list the things they do for testing the wheels from impact tests to pressure tests, they also test the wheel coating in like ten different ways, one of them was "flying stones" which I thought was funny. I always knew that Rays made good products, but wasn't really sure why I saw them everywhere.... well, this video really shows how good their wheels are; made me just want to buy Rays wheels and nothing else....crazy! Anyways, here's a direct link to the WMV file:

http://www.gramlights.com/vid/source/rays_complete.wmv

And here's the page itself:
http://www.gramlights.com/vid/vid.html
Old 04-08-2008
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ray's Engineering Video, Amazing stuff...

wow thats crazy nice post. i jsut thought the only reason rays wheel were so expensive was cuz of the name. like louis vutton etc lol. didnt know they put so much r&d into their wheels! i will think about that next time i think about gettin rims.
Old 04-08-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

63 MB video is downloading... (had to use direct link in IE instead of mozilla to download it)
Old 04-08-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

I think I'll download it too. For whatever reason, I'm just astounded by Rays, frick yo, aint no american company doin nice work like that! Shoot....
Old 04-08-2008
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough

nice find!
Old 04-08-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

I liked where they test the force impact on the side of the rim- where rays stands up, aluminum cracked. Also their technology as far as the forging goes is pretty cool.