Notices
Wheels and Tires Post your wheel and tire related questions here.

HELP PLZ...i'm runnin out of time

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CIVIC X3 is on a distinguished road
HELP PLZ...i'm runnin out of time

ok so i got everything off...now the only thing that is pissin me off is the two screws holdin the rotor on. i cannot get it out. i been at this for an hour and a half already. also i spray a whole lot of wd-40 too. plzz is there any trick. i tried bangin one of the screws out and it didnt even move 1/8 of a circle.
Old 03-29-2007
Registered!!

Re: HELP PLZ...i'm runnin out of time

anyone....ahhhhh soo frustratin...=[
Old 03-29-2007
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

i assume you're using a philips scredriver...find a flat tip that's just wide enough to fit the screw, put a set of vise grips on it and turn it that way. even better if you have a ratchet and some screwdriver bits, you can put a little more torque on it without worring so much about it slipping cause you can really lean on it better. good luck man, i went through the same problem when i swapped out my rotors.
Old 03-29-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rice4lyfe will become famous soon enough

get a screwdriver that fits and a small mallet. Tap as you unscrew
Old 03-29-2007
Registered!!

arghh..jus finish puttin on the ss brake lines...still stuck on the screws...***! ty for the advice though guys i appreciated.
Old 03-30-2007
Registered!!

bobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of light

Impact screwdriver. And don't worry about putting them back on, just remember when you take your wheels off the rotor will be loose.
Old 03-30-2007
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bobsagator
Impact screwdriver. And don't worry about putting them back on, just remember when you take your wheels off the rotor will be loose.
yeah what he said. with this tool when you hit it and turn the screw at the same time. This is the one I picked up from www.HarborFreight.com

Old 03-31-2007
Pwning Noobs 24/7

DaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really nice

impact driver is the only way your gonna get those screws out unless you are the Hulk
Old 04-02-2007
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light

You could always drill out the screws, you dont need them.
Old 04-02-2007
Registered!!

ty for all the advice guys, and after doing the rotor swaps. i HIGHLY recommend gettin the IMPACT SCREW DRIVER. simple and easy, and no hassle.
Old 04-04-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

Another trick for getting those stubborn screws off, if you have a small drill bit, drill a small shallow hole in the center of the screw, if you get some of the metal out of the center, the bit fits better in there. Or if you have a dremel type tool, you can cut a flat slit in the head of the screw to fit a larger flathead in there. Or you can just curse at it until it cowers in fear. I've done that before, ha ha, jk. I was working on an exhaust nut that would'nt come off of this Mazda, so I just cursed at it and cranked a vice grip on it, it broke the vice grip. So me and my father had to get one of those stripped nut ratchet head kits to get it off. It was a BEEACH! nuts and bolts are a pain is the ***, but hold the whole car together.
Old 04-05-2007
Registered!!

yea...wish they would come out wit better product...stupid *** wd-4o dont do ****!